Best sounding semi-wireless bluetooth headphones
Mar 7, 2019 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mdickerman

Head-Fier
Since the current crop of true wireless earphones have quite limited battery life, lack high quality codecs and seem to have a variety of issues solely based on the newness of the technology, I was wondering what people would recommend for Bluetooth IEMs that use a wire to connect to each other? Most important to me are:

- sound quality
- bluetooth codecs like aptx, aptx HD, LDAC
- USB C charging
- battery life (6+ hours)

There's a ton of really cheap options and the high-end cables like Shure's still use micro USB. Suggestions?

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Mar 29, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 5
If you are willing to look past usb c charging then the Sony WI-1000X is just amazing performance for the money. The 13 hour batter life is just great with ANC off.

I currently have WF-1000x, WI-1000x, Sennheiser momentum wireless neck band and few others and the sony WI-1000X is as near audiophile you will get in wireless form factor given the restriction of such technology.

If you like more neutral sounding phones, then the Sennheiser is better for classical music ect ect. There is less emphasis on bass on it where the sony has more punch bass. The sony makes music sound fun and alive, with little adjustments in the app I can make them sound just as good as the senheiser for classical music. The sennheiser can make music sound very screechy and some tracks make your ears hurt as it has much emphasis on the high end.

There are other more expensive stuff out there but just not sure if the sound quality is worth the outlay given that its wireless. The sony can be used wired if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back