best sounding player for ~250$
Apr 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 21
Could use some more info on what you want, what capacity? size? features?

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 21
Zune 80. Period.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 21
i recommend the new creative zen 16gb flahs memory with sd extension (though not fully integrated in library yet) i have it and it sounds really great, u even can customize a 5 band EQ. decent battery life though it depends on the bitrate, i didnt get 25 hours battery life more like 15. i got it for 220 dollars and you can get good accessories on the site.....but they're about to launch a new player with X-fi embarked, read more about it on the site, i heard x-fi dramatically improve mp3 quality but i don't know when it will be sold. you can try Meizu, cowon and irivers too

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 21
Why is the Zune 80 better than the iPod Classic? (Just a general question)

Apr 20, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is the Zune 80 better than the iPod Classic? (Just a general question)

Better sound quality is the biggest reason, it also has a bigger screen. Personally, I prefer the look and construction of the Zune 80, and the GUI also.

Apr 20, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 21
keep an eye at the upcoming new zen with x-fi onboard, trully an ipod-slayer, if you know a bit about x-fi you know what i am talking about
tongue.gif
although it digitally corrects gaps and artifacts that means it will also "polish" old recordings like beatles etc... therefore not best for purist for this matter...it will also include wifi with true library sharing with no restrictions like the zune....although it might be screen tactile which i don't like

anyone tried to compare audio quality between the zune and the zen?

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jujulio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but they're about to launch a new player with X-fi embarked, read more about it on the site, i heard x-fi dramatically improve mp3 quality but i don't know when it will be sold. you can try Meizu, cowon and irivers too

I will be totaly waiting for that, the zune has allways been in my croshairs as a sweet looking dap. And with X-Fi ill be all over it as a secondary DAP.

Will DAC's work on this and also is it possible to get FLAC working on this like a zune version of rockbox or simmilar? tnx

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 21
I don't know much about this new creative, epizenter was the first one to leak the info, i just hope that the battery will be enough (X fi need extra juice) and that it wont be a touch screen,,,,i think flac already work on zen if i am correct after two firmwares versions, but i dont think there is any rockbox version planned for the zen...so as to the new creative....who knows

Apr 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #14 of 21
I love the Sony DAPs. Probably the best sounding DAPs out there. The Cowon also have fantastic SQ. The sound of these two are quite different though. The cowon is more detailed and analytical, while the Sony is more energetic (still detailed).

Sony NWZ-A729 (new 16gb)

Cowon iAudio 7 (16gb, but small screen)

Cowon D2 (8gb, but expandable via SD)

If you wanta lot of storage though, then the Zune 80 is your best bet (do not get the 8).

Zune 80

P.S. The Zen is a cheap plastic DAP compared to these.

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #15 of 21
so unfair lol, ok it's made out of plastic, therefore lighter but it's quite robust i can tell you since i dropped it 3 times during my jogging (once real hard) and no damage whatsoever....but if you want a more solid DAP the upcoming creative will be metallic Creative ZEN X-Fi - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum! well let's wait and see....that is if you have time to wait for it
tongue.gif

the irivers are eargasmic too like cowon but when it comes to flash based one well....not that great storage volume, correct me if i am wrong (iclix2 i think is the last one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back