best sounding PCDP
May 4, 2003 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spott

Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a new PCDP and wondering if anyone has any suggestions especially concerning sound quality.

thanks

May 4, 2003 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 6
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

oh yeah.... welcome to head-fi... sorry about your wallet

top_search.gif

This topic has been discussed AD NAUSEUM... just look it up. I'm sure you'll be thoroughly impressed by previous discussions.

quick suggestions.... look at the FIRST post in the portable audio thread.... duncan went through a LOT of trouble putting that up... read it. Review of sony classic pcdps.

panasonic CT570 - one of the few respectable modern portable cdps

May 4, 2003 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 6
wait a minute... i just read your profile and you already have a slimX.... why don't you just get yourself a decent full-sized cdp unit instead of a pcdp? You'll probably get better results out of it...

but if you're low on space & funds, i've already given you the best advice possible... pana 570 or random sony classic

May 5, 2003 at 5:40 PM Post #5 of 6
Panasonic CT570 or Sony D777 if you're wanting it to literally be a PCDP... or, one of the older ones from my review if you want it to be deskbound, and are not too bothered about using a headphone amp
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 6
I'd say D515 just because it's so hard to get it has to be good?
biggrin.gif
But seriously, if you can get your hands on one get it. For truely portable slim type the D777 would be good. A cheaper alternative would be the previous generation Panasonics CT470, 570, SX500.

Cheers
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back