Best sounding netbook for source.
Mar 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #17 of 20
Yep, well I've made my mind up, it should be as quiet as the Old Mini 10v and 10 if it has no fan.

Apparently, the Dell Mini 9 is one of the quietest netbooks, and the only difference in noise is that the Dell Mini 10 has a Hard Drive instead of a Solid State Drive and will make normal hard drive noises.

But it sounds all good.

Thanks for the help.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #18 of 20
Good luck with it! I've decided to ditch my gaming laptop for a smaller setup myself. (In the last day... I'm too impulsive. <_<) So, I sold my laptop, buying a Mini 10v, bought a PS3, and made a media server from scraps. Split my giant laptop into 3 devices, and made $200 doing it. o.O

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #19 of 20
The only thing that took my mind of the 10v was that it has a small battery.

This should be a good thread for people to refer to if they want to use a netbook as source. As I looked everywhere for a thread to objectively try to find the best choice for a netbook for a source. Most of the discussions as to the best netbook choice are very subjective.

The Dell Mini Series seems to be it. They're passively cooled meaning very quiet, no need to hear the netbook when you listen to music, about the same performance as the other netbooks as in jitter etc, good build quality and have a nice 250gb Hard Drive standard for all the lossless audio!

The Asus Eeepc series S101/S101H, 1002HA. Are also good.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #20 of 20
I'm using an Acer One (upgraded with 320GB hdd, 1.5GB ram, wireless N) for my music source.

Acer One > Musiland 02 US > Darkvoice 332 > Sennheiser HD580 (with HD650 cable).

My (meagre by some) works very well indeed for me, just taking so long to convert my CDs to FLAC (onto 1TB WD external drive).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back