Best sounding memory upgradeable MP3 player for <$100
Nov 28, 2006 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rhz

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Any suggestions for a good sounding mp3 player whose memory is easily upgradeable (with SD cards for example), takes AA or AAA batteries, and is less than $100?

Thanks.

Nov 28, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 6
Whoops...I was thinking about the wrong player...

Nov 28, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
Any suggestions for a good sounding mp3 player whose memory is easily upgradeable (with SD cards for example), takes AA or AAA batteries, and is less than $100?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, MP3 players with removable memory are just about extinct at this time. Every single MP3 player that I've seen in stores in the past two years (yes, that includes the smaller shops) has fixed, non-upgradeable memory.

Nov 28, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, MP3 players with removable memory are just about extinct at this time. Every single MP3 player that I've seen in stores in the past two years (yes, that includes the smaller shops) has fixed, non-upgradeable memory.

Actually, they may come back depending on how cheap flash memory gets...

Panasonic still makes them. I have the SV-SD770. 150 hours of battery life.
Too bad I don't have a SD card at the moment to even try it. (but it costs about $150)
It says it's limit is 2GB SD card... but maybe 4GB + will work?

Also, the Sansa E200 series has a slot for micro SD.

Nov 28, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, they may come back depending on how cheap flash memory gets...

Panasonic still makes them. I have the SV-SD770. 150 hours of battery life.
Too bad I don't have a SD card at the moment to even try it. (but it costs about $150)
It says it's limit is 2GB SD card... but maybe 4GB + will work?

Also, the Sansa E200 series has a slot for micro SD.

I have not found any Panasonic MP3 players where I usually shop at.

As for the Sansa E200 series, I have not paid much attention to them (even though I did find a similar-looking unit at my local Busted Buy superstore).

Nov 28, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd hardly call them extinct. You can find countless players, in shops and on eBay, that use SD or CF cards (and the CF ones are usually compatible with MicroDrives). They don't have any memory themselves, but they sure are expandable.
Case in point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back