best sounding flash player?
Jan 9, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #16 of 28
Right now I would say the Sony, very dynamic yet detailed sound. It replaced a very good Samsung YP-T9 player.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 28
If you like a neutral sound without EQ creative zen v is a good choise, compared to ipod classic the sound is smooth, more detailed and has more body, a wider soundstage with lot of air around the instruments, sounds a lot less digital. I have been amazed by this player many times, takes a while to see the difference from my CD-player. It's amazing that peolpe around here don't talk about it more. Compared to iriver T60 there is a lot more body to the sound, iriver is also a little U shaped in its sound. Don't be scared away be the tiny sice and plastic look.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #18 of 28
majkel,

Have you listened to the D2 with the latest firmware version?
Someone is saying that there are great improvements.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #20 of 28
I am about to buy a D2. The only problem... a few posts telling that there are many other better players. I am reading forums for months and I am starting to believe that the SQ is more a matter of personal taste.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by edba2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am reading forums for months and I am starting to believe that the SQ is more a matter of personal taste.

This is true. I've tried different players, and listened to others opinions, and realized that it's all up to you. The best thing to do is try as many as possible, and get the best sounding 1 (in YOUR opinion). Just use people's recommendations as guidelines. I returned a few players based on others opinions. Just remember to bring you favorite IEM's or full sized cans!!!
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is true. I've tried different players, and listened to others opinions, and realized that it's all up to you. The best thing to do is try as many as possible, and get the best sounding 1 (in YOUR opinion). Just use people's recommendations as guidelines. I returned a few players based on others opinions. Just remember to bring you favorite IEM's or full sized cans!!!
beerchug.gif

Shure! the only problem is to send the players back to Internet sellers. The shipping costs are too high. My little city, in Portugal, still does not have physical stores with REAL players. Here, it is not easy to find Cowon or Iriver

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #23 of 28
I have no experience with DAP's but are we talking about the difference between say Polk Audio and Bose AM5's? Could someone make a comparison that way?

I am interested in a Cowon D2 myself, and have seen that some folks put on an impedence adapter and get better earphones, and that's all fine, but I want true sound quality when I plug it into another system.

I want a DAP that when plugged into a larger system is crisp, clear, clean, detailed, and can capture the feel of the music.

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by edba2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am about to buy a D2. The only problem... a few posts telling that there are many other better players. I am reading forums for months and I am starting to believe that the SQ is more a matter of personal taste.

Other than personal tastes, there is at least a fact -- hiss with IEMs. I returned my D2 for the volume of hiss with my Shure E4, Etymotic ER4...... In fact it was the most hissy one out of all my players. Be prepared to add 50+ ohms to the headphone out.

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif

Another thing that I found works for me on judging the value of someone elses advice is if something they've descrbed or said rings true with how you would have said it. If someone appears to be on the same page about something as you are(& you both might be delusional after all is said & done) there is a greater chance you will end up w/ the player you wanted .(Hey, delusional people have the right to happy also.) Good Luck.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #26 of 28
Parrot5,

So you're saying you'll get hiss with the D2 even with better earphones and a higher impedence adapter?

Is it an issue with the sound processing circuitry or the internal amp?

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #28 of 28
I just replaced my Fuze with an NWZ-A728B. I consider it a huge upgrade. I'm using it with M-Audio IE-30s and WAVs. I love the sound, features and interface as well. I'd like FLAC support, but that's not gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back