Best sounding flash player
Jul 27, 2006 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

genesis

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!!

I am curious to which is the best sounding flash based player in the market today.

I personally have the creative muvo tx fm.

I would like to know others who have compared this with other players and just inputs on various other flash based mp3 player.

Jul 28, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 6
I have a Muvo and I think it's fine -- I like it as an everyday player that's easy to use -- but I have some that sound better, and people on these forums praise others I haven't heard.

The Cowon iAudio flash players have very good sound, which can also be customized to suit your preferences. I have the iAudio 5, but I'm sure the others have similar sound (U2, U3, G3/G2, etc.).

I was pleasantly surprised how good the Samsung YP-U2 sounds -- it can be a good backup or alternate player. I haven't heard the iPod Shuffle, but many people say it's the best-sounding iPod (insert comments here). The Pebble/Oomi seems to have promising specs (has anyone actually heard or used it?). And certain iRiver players get praise for their sound. I have a coworker who has the Sony flash player that looks like a stopwatch, and she's impressed with the volume and sound.

Jul 28, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 6
I've tried various flash players, including models from Creative, iAudio, iRiver, and Samsung, and hands down, the iPod shuffle sounds the best to me. It is the only flash player I've tried that sounds like a full size DAP.

Jul 28, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Check out the iRiver Clix. Dapreview gave it a pretty good score for sound quality. Needs to be larger than 2GB though IMO.

Jul 29, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 6
I use the iPod shuffle, and am happy with it, but did hear a friend's bang & olufsen Beosound 2 for about 5-10 mins the other day and it sounded quite good as well. Was impossible to judge properly because I was sitting in a cafe and listening to someone else's music collection but it may warrant a look, if you're willing to pay the very large price tag for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back