Best sounding cheep op-amp for CMoy's? OPA2227, OPA2228, AD8066...other?
Mar 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #61 of 110
hi

yes it changes beause it is not well used !
these types of OP amp are not designed to directly drive these loads, that's why the sound changes between amps .

you can't possibly use a led driver to drive a motor... here there is no power stage,

here is a good output stage  (see Q1 and Q2)

May 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #63 of 110
Looking for forum advice on what opamp will provide the cleanest bass. This is not for audio listening but rather to use with some field equipment. Units are coupled with Bose QC-15's set on low, believe impedance is rated at 73 ohms +/- 10% at 1khz. My needs are quite low end - top end is < 5000 hz and I need very clean, smooth sound < 1500 hz. Would consider 2x 9v as power supply in the cMoy if that offers better chip options. Thanks!

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #65 of 110
What is the best setup of out optimized for Sennheiser HD800 with 300 ohms?
I want to make DIY portable headphone amp (2x9V accu) for HD800...

For a $1500 pair of headphones, maybe you should consider something more than an opamp and a couple of 9V batteries.  More than that, are you seriously considering using the HD800 as a portable?

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #66 of 110
It is true...
But I have DIY headphone desktop amp and it sounds not bad. It is not optimized for high ipedance headphones. So I just want know how it should be made. I want make in future portable amp for my HD800. Yes, I can buy it, but is time to make some thing by my hands :) I like it.

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #67 of 110
I totally agree with tomb

What's the point of having a $1500 headphone with a simple opamp and a 9v battery ?

CMoy and so on... i respect the believe, but from an electronic standpoint, it's not what you're looking for.
For such a headphone, you should consider, at least :

bandwidth, floor noise, intermodulation distortion, dynamics, precision, distortion, phase shift

I have a HP3577A (network analyzer 5Hz-200 Mhz) and it's surprising what i can see from so called "marvelous" amps...

By the way, don't tell me you'll be listening music on the road  ! ! !

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #68 of 110
It was just idea DIY some device. I can buy profi gear od course, but I like do some small thing myself.
Best will be for example Cypher Labs Duet.
Is portable, balanced, with good sound....
I want to be "portable" in complete auidio chain. I have AK 100, headphones... so last thing is amp. On some places I need hear music and move myself! It is not real traveling it is mobility. And in the night, when I listening the most, is horrible to have in bed player, headphones and then wire to desk where is amp and second wire from desk to headphones in bed. So with portable amp it will be all in bed.
I have now do-it desktop amp (it made my friend). Inside is NE5534 and it sounds not bad. Maybe is now better OPA. So I am reading this thread to learn more.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #69 of 110
I have found the TLE2082 sounds best with my biosciencegeek CMoy. Nice detail for the price.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #70 of 110
  I have found the TLE2082 sounds best with my biosciencegeek CMoy. Nice detail for the price.

I am probably getting a biosciencegeek cMoy.
He has 4 choices of opamps
AD712
OPA2227
TLE2082
JRC4556

Or is there other opamps that work with his cMoy?
I havent decided what battery setup yet, as he offers single 9v, dual 9v either series or parallel.
Right now since I am new to headphones for the most part I am starting off cheap.
I am getting Ha-S500s  and HD668Bs
Ill see where they take me.
I have taken home audio to the extent that my wife hates speakers now lol.

Anyway if there is a better drop in opamp not on his list like the 8397 (read positive about earlier in this thread) regardless of price without needed circuit reworking, but will fit within the battery options available please tell me.
Thanx
Bassman

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #71 of 110
  I am probably getting a biosciencegeek cMoy.
He has 4 choices of opamps
AD712
OPA2227
TLE2082
JRC4556

Or is there other opamps that work with his cMoy?
I haven't decided what battery setup yet, as he offers single 9v, dual 9v either series or parallel.
Right now since I am new to headphones for the most part I am starting off cheap.
I am getting Ha-S500s  and HD668Bs
Ill see where they take me.
I have taken home audio to the extent that my wife hates speakers now lol.

Anyway if there is a better drop in opamp not on his list like the 8397 (read positive about earlier in this thread) regardless of price without needed circuit reworking, but will fit within the battery options available please tell me.
Thanx
Bassman

I tried several different op-amps with my bio-cmoy but felt the TLE2082 was the best sounding op-amp for me. It has a lively, clean, detailed sound with great highs and lows while not forgetting about the mid-range. I actually messaged the seller\designer of the amp to tell him to try the TLE2082 in his amp and once he did he added it to the list of available op-amps. I believe he uses it himself in his own amp. I never powered mine off batteries and only used a quality adaptor so I can't give any advise there.

I also have the HD668b headphone and really like it, it was my first real headphone and I haven't felt like selling it yet! I did put some soft velours on them though.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #72 of 110
  I tried several different op-amps with my bio-cmoy but felt the TLE2082 was the best sounding op-amp for me. It has a lively, clean, detailed sound with great highs and lows while not forgetting about the mid-range. I actually messaged the seller\designer of the amp to tell him to try the TLE2082 in his amp and once he did he added it to the list of available op-amps. I believe he uses it himself in his own amp. I never powered mine off batteries and only used a quality adapter so I can't give any advise there.

I also have the HD668b headphone and really like it, it was my first real headphone and I haven't felt like selling it yet! I did put some soft velours on them though.

Tele2802 huh ok.
Ill buy one.

Is there an opamp that costs more that would be better, or are they all just $2-$5?

Have you seen the recent raise in price for the Superlux?
They went from like$36 to $57 and up.
As a matter of fact Amazon has raised the price by 2-3$ every day for the last week or so...

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #73 of 110
  Tele2802 huh ok.
Ill buy one.

Is there an opamp that costs more that would be better, or are they all just $2-$5?

Have you seen the recent raise in price for the Superlux?
They went from like$36 to $57 and up.
As a matter of fact Amazon has raised the price by 2-3$ every day for the last week or so...

Yea... Amazon looks to be out of them and the price is up, good thing we already have them
smile.gif

The op-amp is a TLE2082, I purchased mine at Digi-Key and they are inexpensive. I still use my cmoy connect to a LCD TV in my bedroom running a pair of Koss Ports Pro's... sounds great to me for the TV.

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #74 of 110
  Yea... Amazon looks to be out of them and the price is up, good thing we already have them
smile.gif

The op-amp is a TLE2082, I purchased mine at Digi-Key and they are inexpensive. I still use my cmoy connect to a LCD TV in my bedroom running a pair of Koss Ports Pro's... sounds great to me for the TV.

I didnt buy the Superlux yet, they were in my cart for over a week lol.
I went to check out over the weekend and they were removed for lack of stock from that seller.
Do you think they will go down in price again?

I might just buy something else if they stay that high..

I did get the HA-S500s though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back