Best Sounding CD's
Jan 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ipodlover77

100+ Head-Fier
Got some W3's coming (thank you paul!
biggrin.gif
) and was wondering what the best sounding cd's are. I cant really tell what sounds "good" or what doesnt. Songs just sound like regular songs to me, nothing that wows me. Was wondering what CD's you guys could recommend that will WOW me. I'll be ripping them as loseless on itunes. Looking for rock and hip hop albums. What do you guys think?

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 12
Are you asking about what is our favourite album (which is very subjective) or the best mastered CD (as in SQ, regardless of music quality)?

Can't go wrong with Master of Puppets DCC though.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 12
Go to the Music Forum.

There are a ton of threads about the best recorded metal, classical, jazz, rock etc.

There are also numerous threads to the tune of "The best sounding albums of all time", etc.

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #8 of 12
I personally enjoy recordings from Candyrat Records.

Instead of putting together little bits and pieces, they record it live in the studio in one take on a stereo microphone and leave it as is. I think it sounds great.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you asking about what is our favourite album (which is very subjective) or the best mastered CD (as in SQ, regardless of music quality)?

Can't go wrong with Master of Puppets DCC though.

X1 Master of Puppets is my favorite ^ ^

I think you got lil messed up with the sequence, sound quality comes after the music...you have to first love the music, then look for sound quality...so instead of asking what is the best sounding CD, you should tell us which band or musics are you interested, then we will through our 2 cents ^ ^

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #10 of 12
whys do you guys like master of puppets so much? is this because of the SQ or just cause you like the music. Im no metallica fan but if its a brilliantly mastered album then ill sit through the pain and audition it!

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #11 of 12
Well MoP and RtL are considered as some of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time and I agree somewhat. The DCC remastered versions are brilliant, significantly improving over the Elektra mastered CDs, which suffered from compressions and thin sound (I know since I bought MOP before the DCC version was released).

Jan 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whys do you guys like master of puppets so much? is this because of the SQ or just cause you like the music. Im no metallica fan but if its a brilliantly mastered album then ill sit through the pain and audition it!

It really is very well mastered. I haven't been a Metallica fan since I was about 17 and if anything I prefer their nineties stuff since I'm not really a thrash fan, but MOP sounds exceptional through some decent headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back