Best sounding Apple ipod
Feb 13, 2006 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

deaglecat

New Head-Fier
Hi, does anyone know which Ipod model has the best sound quality. It has to be Apple cos' of the podcasts/music store etc ... I have heard that the shuffle is best.

Not sure what the difference is, I assume that they are all the same DAC.

Thanks in advance.

Deag

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Shuffle, followed by the 5G ipod with video, then the Nano/second gen Mini

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 8
I believe the Shuffle will be on top - has the best bass reproduction. Check out this link here for some details. There needs to be an update for the G5 + Nano!

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 8
They all sound good depending on what headphones you're using.

See ya
Steve

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 8
my shuffle seems to have very nice sound. There is a hiss I hear however, but it is very slight on my super fi's. My mini sounds like crap. Ive also gave my brothers iPod nano a go, but I still like the shuffle better. The nano just isnt the same.

the other day I had a friend over and we were doing some listening and swapping out headphones and components. I played the shuffle on my senns and raised the volume. I was impressed once again it had enough power to drive the senns and still have prominant bass on the 650s. I was flabberghasted.

Feb 13, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #8 of 8
What bigshot/Traumamc said. The 5G sounds best with most low-cost portable phones, and most earphones. The EQ distorts the least if you use one of the more bass-boosting profiles. If you're looking at headphones, older iPods might sound somewhat better for specific, higher-quality phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back