Best sounding albums on headphones
Jun 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #121 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, but I didn't really understand the translation. Did you mean you will get the second Trinity Session album after you get the first one? I think that's what you meant.

Second Trinity Session album has been bought though it is second-hand CD.

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #123 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see. First one is better.

It thought as you said hearing it it.
It might have been simple machine parts first.
I think that I led to the recording that it is good.

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #124 of 136
One of my favorite albums for my K701 is Ed Palermo Big Band's "Take Off Your Clothes When You Dance"... phenomenal sound and the horns are amazing.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #125 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It thought as you said hearing it it.
It might have been simple machine parts first.
I think that I led to the recording that it is good.

Yea, the first one they just used a single mic to record it.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #126 of 136
I have to say that most of Me'Shell NdegeOcello cd's all sound pretty amazing on headphones. Musically, she is very underrated. Sonically, the production doesn't get much better. Peace Beyond Passion and Comfort Woman are a couple of my favs.

Jul 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #128 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Along with Afrocelt Soundsystem - Seed, Afrocelt Soundsystem - Anatomic.
Best sounding albums ever recorded IMO.

I was going to recommend Anatomic. When I Still Needed You is one of my all-time favorite songs and probably my #1 blasting song for the stereo
biggrin.gif

Other good albums:

Peter Gabriel - So (the SACD is even better, not surprisingly)
Jesse Cook - Montreal
Dave Alvin - Ashgrove
Spiro - Live In Box

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #129 of 136
None of you guy's seem to want to list albums made in the 60s and 70, when the engineers used microphones and space to create the sound stages. I did see Cryme of the century. Any Supertramp album sounds amazing!
Check ou the 1st Blood Sweat And Tears album remastered in 2001.
Crosby Stills @ Nash, The sonics are amazing!
Trident Sessions, The Mahavishnu Orch.
Jeff Beck Blow By Blow (Produced by George Martin),
Thick As A Brick

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #130 of 136
Patricia Barber- Nightclub. Extremely well recorded album.

MJ- Thriller. Pop masterpiece.

Infected Mushroom- Converting Vegetarians. Fun album that always makes me turn around and see if someone is in the room with me.

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #132 of 136
R.E R.E.M- Automatic for the people, Fleetwood Mac- Tango in the night, Tears for Fears-Seeds of love, Tina Turner- Foreign Affair, Easure- I say i say i say, Bon Ivor-Bon Ivor, Depeche Mode- Music for the Masses, and one you have to check out is a little gem with the headphones or the speakers A-Ha- Memorial Beach a beautiful masterpiece.

Sep 20, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #134 of 136
Sorry to revive an old thread but just had to share the album "Sea Change" by Beck sounds amazing on headphones. 

I have no idea what they did but it's engineered really well for headphones, although it's a bit of a darker, introspective album. 

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Change-Beck/dp/B00006F7S4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1442804114&sr=8-1&keywords=beck+sea+change&linkCode=sl1&tag=tt-20&linkId=41cd875ad4dd9300a70648ec4ad2120b

Edit- I see this album was already mentioned in this thread, my apologies. 

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #135 of 136
Crime of the Century by Supertramp.
I agree, I have the remastered Crime of the Century and it sounds fabulous ! It may very well be the best sounding cd through headphones in my collection of cd's. The drums are just thunderous it also has a very wide soundstage, vocals are spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back