Best sounding albums on headphones
Jun 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #93 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It listened.
I think that it is an excellent one-point recording.
Thank you for introducing a good source and a good band.
normal_smile .gif

I am glad that somebody have ears and also hear
...you are welcome
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #95 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by forever headphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you are welcome
beerchug.gif

Hi, Afterwards, it hears it once a day.
L3000.gif

Owned headphones are exchanged, and it enjoys the difference by Open(ATH-AD900,AD700) and Closed(ATH-A900,KH-K1000) etc.

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #96 of 136
Joni Mitchell - Blue (the current Rhino vinyl mastered by Hoffman/Gray... definitely NOT the HDCD)
The Rolling Stones - Beggar's Banquet (have only heard the Redbook layer... hope to hear the SACD layer soon!)

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #97 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting...yeah,the dire's sound is awsome. they knew what they were doing, soundwise and music!

by the way..i am not a jazz blues listener at all...but i am listening right now to steely dan-aja album and it'a also sound AMAZING in my rig with the RS-1. do all jazz/fusion albums sound that good? i maybe start to listen to some jazz than.
I always knew the sound is great in this album,but this is the first time i listen with my updated home rig..have no words. also, great thanks to the grados for that!

I was just listening to this, and I really like the sound of Dire strait. If I was to buy the CD, which version should I buy to have the maximum dynamic range(which is very important in old albums)?

Edit: Wow, Crime of the century is actually also surpsingly good. I can't believe I am missing so many good sounding albums, not just in dynamic range and clarity, but creativity. I guess that has to do with me not owning any albums older than 1996.
frown.gif
Which version would be the best for this album?

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #98 of 136
I've only got really basic speakers so I almost exclusivly listen on my SR80, and some really old sony jobs that are unfortunately now broken but were closed back and great for a bit of base.

At the moment I keep putting on:

Used to like on the closed Sony's: Scientist: Rids the World of the Evil Curse of the Vampires (great base!) King tubby, Augustus pablo ect. are all good for a bit of base)

Four-tet: Rounds
Battles: Mirrored
Get Cape wear cape fly: The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager
Fleet foxes
Joanna Newsom: Mild eyed mender (always preferred this far more through headphones) esp. "This side of the blue"

Ska's good through any medium! gets you dancing, but the recordings aren't always amazing. e.g. Laurel Aitken: Ska with laurel, Skatalites: Guns of Navarone,

Dizzee rascal:Boy in Da Corner /played very loud through headphones

I also just bought the History of Rhythm and Blues 1942-52, on Mark Lamarr's (BBC radio 2- God's Jukebox) recommendation, and while if your into that sort of music you'll probably have a lot of the songs already there are also some brilliant rarer tunes. I've not really heard a bad song on there yet! Very chuffed.

Bit scatty there, just some albums that popped into my head, making lists is a lot more fun than revising!

Amon Tobin's: Purmutation just finished and now the Junior Boys: So this is Goodbye just came on! They both sound pretty good to my ears.

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #99 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by forever headphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you are welcome
beerchug.gif

wow, I love the way that song is recorded. Do you know of anymore recordings like that?

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #100 of 136
I have lots and lots of great music on my computer. It's mostly all FLAC.

I hate to admit it, but one of the best sounding recordings I've ever heard is Madonna - The Immaculate Collection. When girls come over I always play this album for them. Then they laugh at me for having Madonna.
beyersmile.png

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #102 of 136
51VWlORLtVL._SS500_.jpg

This is what I have been listening to lately. The recording is not bad for pop music.
ref=dp_image_0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back