best sound quality in Ipod Touch 5G or Nanno 7G?
Jun 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
Any feedback on which of these two currant Apple products has best sound quality out of headphone jack?Not sure if they use same DAC or what DAC that is.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 11
Thanks,now has anyone put Rockbox on the 5.5?Im a bit confused on how this works.What happens to my 50 Gb of music already on the Ipod when I put on Rockbox since the process involves a reset and goodby music and also goodby Itunes where my music is stored.How do i get it back on the ipod if Rockbox doesnt connect with Itunes?Lots of questions here that is making me wonder if its worth the effort.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #8 of 11
  Thanks,now has anyone put Rockbox on the 5.5?Im a bit confused on how this works.What happens to my 50 Gb of music already on the Ipod when I put on Rockbox since the process involves a reset and goodby music and also goodby Itunes where my music is stored.How do i get it back on the ipod if Rockbox doesnt connect with Itunes?Lots of questions here that is making me wonder if its worth the effort.

Rockbox is a must on the 5.5G..lol.....JK, but it is awesome though.  Nowadays with the utility it's fairly simple.  Once RB'ed the ipod acts like a hard drive, just cut and paste music over.  You can always boot into the original firmware as well (dual-boot).

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #10 of 11
Well why is it a must?Will it sound better?
I want to do it but my computer skills are pretty lame.So where should I begin?
Go to the rock box website. They have a step by step that's pretty easy to understand. I wouldn't call myself computer savvy at all and I was able to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back