Best sound/looking headphones for around $200
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MaybeSheWill

New Head-Fier
Hey, Im looking for some good headphones around $200, closed, and keep out most if not all noise. (Looking good is always a plus!) 

What music I listen to... Mainly everything but like classic and country. 

All I've heard so far is Sony's V6 And ATHM50, any insight on these or should I go with something else? (Anything that has a better build quality?)

Also, I don't know if it will help or not but Ill be getting the samsung galaxy s3 as the source of music (mp3 player)

Thanks for any help. :)

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 5
The V-Moda M80 is a good choice. Its built like a tank and sounds great. They look really cool too.

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hey, Im looking for some good headphones around $200, closed, and keep out most if not all noise. (Looking good is always a plus!) 

What music I listen to... Mainly everything but like classic and country. 

All I've heard so far is Sony's V6 And ATHM50, any insight on these or should I go with something else? (Anything that has a better build quality?)

Also, I don't know if it will help or not but Ill be getting the samsung galaxy s3 as the source of music (mp3 player)

Thanks for any help. :)

The M80 doesn't really isolate well. You could check out the DT1350. Decent looks and good for classical w/ nice mids for country. Shoreline has them as-is, open box for $200 http://www.shorelinemusic.com/closeouts/closeout-beyerdynamic-dt1350/

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 5
"Everything but like country" Thanks for the reply but I don't listen to country, so good 'phones for that kind of music aren't for me. I need some that sound good on all genre's though (more like a, what do you call it, real sound? Like if the recording is bassy, it's bassy. if it's clean, it's clean. that can be powered from an mp3 player (Samsung galaxy 3)

So far I've heard that the Sony V6's are good.. for 60 dollars. But there's alot more in the 200 price range.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
"Everything but like country" Thanks for the reply but I don't listen to country, so good 'phones for that kind of music aren't for me. I need some that sound good on all genre's though (more like a, what do you call it, real sound? Like if the recording is bassy, it's bassy. if it's clean, it's clean. that can be powered from an mp3 player (Samsung galaxy 3)

So far I've heard that the Sony V6's are good.. for 60 dollars. But there's alot more in the 200 price range.

Sorry, misread. My point was that it has good mids which are important for vocal music. DT1350 is good for all genres, as long as you're listening to well recorded music. They are pretty revealing, which I think, is the word you're looking for. They can be powered by an mp3 player, though maybe not to their fullest. I think they are still more of what you want. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back