Best sound for my SR-80?
Feb 10, 2007 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dacari

100+ Head-Fier
Hi people!!

This is my first post, I'm a newbie.
I just bought my first serious headphones (Grado SR80), in this moment I'm burning them...
600smile.gif

I'd like to buy a portable amp (to start) and I'm thinking in XM4 or C&C box...which will do the best match with my SR80? any alternative in this price?

Thank you very much.

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 7
IMO I suggest that you put off buying an amp for the moment and get used to the sound of your headphones. If you feel like something is missing, then you might want to find an amp that will try to improve what you feel is missing

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 7
I'd consider the Go-Vibe 5 as well. It's really cheap right now, and it sounds fantastic with Grados. With the 24V Elpac power supply, it also turns into a decent home amp.

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 7
With the money you are about to spend on an amp you could return the Grado SR80s, and get the Grado SR225s. I would much rather listen to SR225s with budget Cmoy verses the SR80s with a more expensive amp. Worry about the amplifier later, if money is a problem check out http://www.evilfire.com/, for an Apheared 47, or watch the used amplifier section.

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for this advice. First at all, I'll wait until I complete the burn process.
basshead.gif

Wise.

I always used music for burn in, but for my latest purchase I tried some "Pink Noise". There's a relatively recent thread here about it. Happy Searching.

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for this advice. First at all, I'll wait until I complete the burn process.
basshead.gif

if this is your first venture into high end audio. I dont think you'll find anything missing. Maybe except comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back