Best songs for Klipsch Image S4?
Nov 24, 2009 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Supremus Maximus

New Head-Fier
Since every audio gear has a different sound signature, there are songs that sound differently on different headphones. Could you guys help create a list of songs that best accentuate the S4's audio abilities?

Brings us a step closer to more 'eargasms' and helps while showing off to non-believers.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 15
Jazz sounds great, especially in moderately loud listening environments where the bass in other headphones may be overshadowed by surrounding noise. Like David said, Kind of Blue has tracks that really shine on these headphones. Be forewarned though, the S4s are moderately revealing, meaning if you have any track ripped at a low bitrate, the non-believers will probably say "HEY! This sounds 'better' on my iBuds."

Related well-known/awesome music on the headphones: Portishead, Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, Jurassic 5. (Basically, all hip-hop/electronic sounds better than most are used to.)

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 15
I like Patricia Barber's Ode To Billie Joe and My Girl covers on the S4s. But trying to nail it down to a few tracks is tough. Another good one is Oh Yeah, by Johnny A. Now that song cooks, and sounds great on the S4s.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 15
If you can find lossless/320kbs mp3 Daft Punk albums, they really sound great on these.

Honestly I think Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave sounds really great on these too, but that's more of a personal taste.

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 15
This
o2smile.gif

YouTube - Dj Vato Subwoofer Test - Big Bass 20

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #8 of 15
@DavidMorton: Au contraier, you've itro'ed me to them. Will try Infected Mushrooms as well, soon as i get home.
@iPoodz: Curious bout Jazz.. will try. Also, Heard 'bout the moderately revealing bit. Nothing less than lossless would do or 192 onwards should be fine?
@tstarn06: What do you mean by "that song 'cooks'"?
@FragViper: Like Daft Punk's 'Around the world' even more now.
@backtoreality15: Hell yeah!
evil_smiley.gif

@AnXioZ: Slapped a goofy smile on my face within the first 5 seconds
biggrin.gif
Tho his other stuff.. not so much.

@Everyone: Big Upps! Suggestions, much appreciated.
gs1000.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 15
Well, it'd be a bit ridiculous if these only sounded good with lossless, but I've been able to tell apart a poorly ripped 192 from a 320 on maybe a few occasions.

192+ should be fine.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 15
Just grab it from Amazon and see for yourself. Johnny A is a fantastic jazz guitarist. The song cooks on pretty much any music delivery system, but sounds especially nice on the S4s.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 15
Some more pop'ish stuff... Daft Punk's Aerodynamic sounds pretty wicked... Basshunter's Professional Party People shows off the bass, and Chili Pepper's Snow intro sounds different than on my previous phones, but I like it.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #14 of 15
I don't own an S4, but from the suggestions thus far I'd say that this should also shine on these:
YouTube - Rocco - Everybody
To me an old classic, which brings back memories of me listening in bed trying to get every little detail there is out of the song. Even though the earphones I used were of pretty low quality
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back