best songs for burnin?
Apr 30, 2004 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

eMpAtHy

100+ Head-Fier
what are some REALLY bassy stuff and what are songs that hit in different ranges of bass for the best burn in possible? also, do you need to hit the high's also for burn in? if so, what are good songs for that too?

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 13
Outkast - Happy Valentines Day

It's on "The Love Below", the bass literally makes my headphone quiver ( HD650 ). Not sure if it's the best track for burning in, but it's what I use.

Apr 30, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 13
One of my favorite burning CDs is Massive Attack's Mezzanine -- plenty of bass rumble on some tracks plus a good range of frequencies used overall.

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
One of my favorite burning CDs is Massive Attack's Mezzanine -- plenty of bass rumble on some tracks plus a good range of frequencies used overall.

That's my perfect choice...well actually I slightly prefer MA's '100TH Window', but close enough.
cool.gif
Why can't more bands record this well? Fantastic.

Apr 30, 2004 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 13
I would suggest trying Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack.

Go to where he screams "Burn! Burn! Yes ya gonna burn!"

Turn it on repeat mode and maybe the headphones will get convinved. Plenty of bass!

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 13
The Black Eyed Peas - Be Free
The Black Eyed Peas - Clap your hands

Just like you I tried to find some tracks for an audio test cd. And I went through at least 50 hip hop cds from 2pac, eminem, delasoul, the roots, mos def, guru jazzmatazz, gang starr, Redrama, .... and though there were tracks with more general bass (usually very undefined), these two tracks I've pointed out have got an extremely vibrating bass. In my experience this was very interesting because on some headphones the bass on these tracks were extreme while on other headphone it was almost non-existant.

I have to admit though that I'm not really wellread in rock music so I can only say something about hiphop.

Whatever you choose, have fun
basshead.gif

May 12, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 13
Blue Man Group - (2003) The Complex
Darude - (2001) Before The Storm

Plenty of bass and the rest of the spectrum too. My favorites for burn-in.

I like to listen to "A Thousand Years" from Sting - (2001) ...All This Time (track #2) before and after burn-in as there is a very satisfying bass rumble in the very beginning of this track (note that Sting has many versions of this song and this specific recording has the bass).

May 13, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #9 of 13
Einstürzende Neubauten, Silence is Sexy
Buckethead, Population Override

Yes, high frequencies are important, too, IMHO, much more important. But most CD's peak out at 20kHz, so it doesn't much matter which one you use. SACD, vinyl, or high-rate PCM (DVD-V w/24/96 soundtrack, or high-rate DVD-A) would be better.

May 16, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by eMpAtHy
what are some REALLY bassy stuff and what are songs that hit in different ranges of bass for the best burn in possible? also, do you need to hit the high's also for burn in? if so, what are good songs for that too?

Monster Magnet dude. Maybe some Floyd. Personally, I like to spin some dub, maybe some Scientist or King Tubby.

Oh, wait, I thought you said "Burnin"

Nevermind

eggosmile.gif

-jar

May 16, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #12 of 13
Just get yourself some test tones of 20hz - 200hz, and run them in a constant loop (in foobar2000 of course
eggosmile.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back