Best Solution (Windows) for Stereo Upmixing to 5.1 and Room Correction?
Nov 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

deadphektor

New Head-Fier
Okay, so here's the point. I have a Logitech X-540 connected to my PC (Realtek ALC889/MSI Quantum Wave). I love listening to my music collection with stereo upmixing to 5.1. I also watch many TV Series (Japanese animations) and I also want stereo upmixing on these videos. And because of my room interior, the placement of my rear speakers are a bit far from my sitting position.

I'm currently using iTunes for playing music, and MPC (K-Lite Codec Pack) for playing my video collections. The K-Lite (MPC & ffdshow) can handle the upmixing for videos, but the quality is not satisfactory enough, and my iTunes still can't produce 5.1 sound although the MPC can.

So I'm looking for:
  • Good sounding stereo upmixing method.
  • Room correction / volume boost on my rear speakers.

What I have done before:
  • Using Realtek's Speaker Fill + Realtek's Room Correction: The Room Correction work good, but the Speaker Fill is not good enough; I still can't feel the surround sound. Bundled software (THX TruStudio) is quite an good addition, but the effect is still not satisfactory for me.
  • Using SRS Audio Sandbox: Great upmix, I can control volume on my rear channels, but it has a problem with surround source (i.e. playing movies with 5.1 audio/playing games).
  • Using SRS HD Audio Lab: Better sound quality than SRS-AS, no problem with surround source, but it can't control volume for each channel like its predecessor. Ouch. The Room Correction on Realtek doesn't have any effect when using SRS.
  • Using SRS HD Audio Lab + modded Creative X-Fi MB: The SRS provides upmixing, and the X-Fi MB provides volume control (I prefer SRS than CMSS-3D). It was perfect, but... My PC crashed a lot because the modded X-Fi MB. Oh, and no, it wasn't because excess CPU/resource usage or something like that (I have confidence on my system).

Does anyone know a good solution? Or maybe I have to stick into SRS-HAL and find some hardware solutions for the speaker? I don't have any idea when using hardware solution, but the basic concept is just increasing the volume, so maybe using amplifier on the rear channel?

Oh, and pardon me for my bad English. Also, this is my first post in Head-Fi, so greetings! 
dt880smile.png

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #4 of 5
I play games on PC nearer to front left channel speaker.
I lay on bed nearer to front right channel speaker.
I need to be able to preset room correction to be able to switch quickly from one to another.

pls help me!!
confused.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 5
and i dont mind paying for an expensive solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back