Best Solution For Modern Orchestral Music?
Aug 28, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #17 of 21
Yes, sorry... this is a really old thread, but I didn't think it made sense to make a new one
smily_headphones1.gif
I updated the first post to let people know to check out my response.

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #19 of 21
J&R has them for $329.99 - $50 Mail-In Rebate = $279.99; that's where I ordered them, and they didn't seem to be in any hurry to get them to me. Also, B&H Photo Video has them for 4 cents cheaper.

HeadRoom also has them for $349.99, or $299.99 after the rebate. For the best customer service, I would recommend against using J&R... they just don't seem very professional or organized to me. I think my opinion is a bit biased, though, because I ordered them and I want them now
biggrin.gif

But, as I was writing this, I got the tracking number for my 650s, so hopefully they'll arrive soon and in perfect condition
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1224 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J&R has them for $329.99 - $50 Mail-In Rebate = $279.99; that's where I ordered them, and they didn't seem to be in any hurry to get them to me. Also, B&H Photo Video has them for 4 cents cheaper.

HeadRoom also has them for $349.99, or $299.99 after the rebate. For the best customer service, I would recommend against using J&R... they just don't seem very professional or organized to me. I think my opinion is a bit biased, though, because I ordered them and I want them now
biggrin.gif

But, as I was writing this, I got the tracking number for my 650s, so hopefully they'll arrive soon and in perfect condition
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks. Have fun with your new toys and do let us know how you like your new setup. From what I've heard, you should like the 650s. I am quite happy for now with the 580s for most genres, especially orchestral stuff.

FYI for everyone else: it looks like the Sennheiser rebate ends September 30 and the rebate paperwork must be postmarked by October 31.

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #21 of 21
I'm also glad that you decided on the HD650s. I got mine from J&R as well, just over three weeks ago. For now I am running them through the Zero's internal amp (plan on getting a tube amp later) and I've been really enjoying them. Have fun with the burn-in and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back