Best silicon earphone tips for the thieaudio legacy 3
Jul 15, 2020 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sound N00b

Head-Fier
I have recently acquired the thieaudio legacy 3 and while I love the iems I am unsatisfied with the stock silicon tips. I have some foam tips which I like but want a pair of silicon tips I like as well and was curious what people like are around here.

They must fit the thieaudio legacy 3. The bore of the legacy 3 is not a straight tube and is instead curved so I am not sure if that messes what tips fit on it. With a pair of dying calipers I measured the diameter of the very end at 5.75mm.

I have heard a lot about spinfit, are they good? On paper spinfit says I should be putting the cp145 tips on it but I have heard people who have been able to fit cp100 tips. Can anybody testify to that?

I have also heard some things about the azla sedna xelastec tips. They are crazy expensive to try out (3 for $25 but I still have to spend $25 to try them) so i am hesitant to take the plunge without some feedback. Is it true that they are "sticky", kind of gross sounding but honestly sounds like something I would like. Does anybody have them and like them?

Most importantly even if you don't have the same earphone I do, what silicon tips do you have which you really like?

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 6
I have recently acquired the thieaudio legacy 3 and while I love the iems I am unsatisfied with the stock silicon tips. I have some foam tips which I like but want a pair of silicon tips I like as well and was curious what people like are around here.

They must fit the thieaudio legacy 3. The bore of the legacy 3 is not a straight tube and is instead curved so I am not sure if that messes what tips fit on it. With a pair of dying calipers I measured the diameter of the very end at 5.75mm.

I have heard a lot about spinfit, are they good? On paper spinfit says I should be putting the cp145 tips on it but I have heard people who have been able to fit cp100 tips. Can anybody testify to that?

I have also heard some things about the azla sedna xelastec tips. They are crazy expensive to try out (3 for $25 but I still have to spend $25 to try them) so i am hesitant to take the plunge without some feedback. Is it true that they are "sticky", kind of gross sounding but honestly sounds like something I would like. Does anybody have them and like them?

Most importantly even if you don't have the same earphone I do, what silicon tips do you have which you really like?
One of the most popular tip, for a great balanced sound, is the Sedna Earfit Light Short tips.

I personally don’t think the Xelastec tips work well with the L3. I found that it made the mid bass too boomy.

My favorite tips for it are the ePro horn-shaped tips. They make it sound more lively and dynamic, and help bring out the upper treble as well. I typically use large size tips, but use the medium size for the ePros, with a deeper insertion.

I like the sound of the SpinFit CP145 equally to the ePro tips, but due to the width of the core, they don’t grip to the L3 nozzles that well.

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 6
Jul 16, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Have you tried the 0.5mm narrower cp100?
The CP100 tips do fit on the L3 nozzle perfectly, and grip tightly, and it sounds good, but the bass is more diffuse and less intense. The bass quantity is a bit lacking compared to the CP145, which may or may not be a good thing for you.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Picked up the Spinfit CP145 for these and also the Xcessor Large ear tips. Both sound great actually. The bass sounds a bit deeper using the Xcessor eartips so I would recommend using those if you are a basshead. I think this is because the Xcessor ear tips have a thinner tube for the nozzle so they don't go down the nozzle as much. They are a bit tight to get on but they are stable once you've got them on. However the Spinfits do fit great as well and there is still bass. I guess it depends on how much bass you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back