Best Setup for Gaming & Music?
Nov 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

djglenn

New Head-Fier
Firstly I have a set of logitech 5.1 speakers, nothing fancy, but they are fine for the few times I use the speakers. They require a 3 wire connection (green black orange).

I am about to push the button on a decent set of cans (Denon AHD2000) and am unsure what my best setup is.....

I am guessing I should buy a sound card, however don't know the best way to connect speakers and phones? Sounds stupid, but the speakers have a volume hub with headphone in, should I avoid that? If I avoid it and use a splitter at the back then I wont be able to manually control the volume of the headphones...

If I where to buy a Fiio E7 or something what would it be like for gaming? I assume that it bypasses any internal sound card? I know the Fiio's are good for music, but what about gaming?

Any advice would be welcome.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Lucky for you the Denon AH-D2000s are considered easy to drive.

Better to plug headphones directly into the sound card over the speaker's headphone jack,
Hopefully your computer case has a front headphone jack, so you can plug the front headphone jack wires into the front headphone connector on a sound card.
The Asus Xonar DX (PCI-Espress) sound card can be hooked up to analog 5.1 speakers, and also the front panel headphone jack at the same time.
The Xonar DX is around $80 and there is a $20 mail in rebate this month (USA).

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for confirming that going via speaks aux connection is not ideal.

Considered the front port, however that still leaves me with the problem of not being about to control the volume levels.....

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Thanks for confirming that going via speaks aux connection is not ideal.
Considered the front port, however that still leaves me with the problem of not being about to control the volume levels.....

Your computer should have a volume control somewhere on the main screen.

Nov 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 6
Some keyboards have built in volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back