Best set of cans under $150?
Jul 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 19
I am assuming you have tried the angle pads? What's the sound difference? Does it improve the soundstage?

so i just did some brief testing ( only a few songs ) and the angled pads actually had a negative impact when i paid attention. the bass was actually LESS now, compared to the flat pads. it did seem to make a slightly bigger sound stage, but it actual felt un natural in a sort of way. overall, the flat pads seemed to have better bass ( more specifically, sub bass ) and was generally more enjoyable to listen to. then, theres also the comfort factor; i simply dont like the angled pads as much as the flat ones unless i am laying down.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 19
So I just received my XPT100s today, and I am pretty impressed, although they sound pretty tight. I will have to let them break in a bit before I develop an opinion... From what I can tell so far, vocals and woodwinds sound fantastic, but the bass is rolled off. When I connected my Fiio E12 they were more fun to listen to, as I said though, I will have to see how they sound after break in... The only difference with the angled pads for me is the comfort, I do prefer the flat pads at this point.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #18 of 19
So I just received my XPT100s today, and I am pretty impressed, although they sound pretty tight. I will have to let them break in a bit before I develop an opinion... From what I can tell so far, vocals and woodwinds sound fantastic, but the bass is rolled off. When I connected my Fiio E12 they were more fun to listen to, as I said though, I will have to see how they sound after break in... The only difference with the angled pads for me is the comfort, I do prefer the flat pads at this point.

bass on these cans is going to sound very minimal without amping. its an honest, nuetral headphone. i love it personally cause i can listen to dubstep/trance and not feel like im driving around in the ghetto with boomy bass. bass can definitely be present, but depends on the song and source, especially without amp.

but hey, give it a while and if you dont like them, try trading or selling in the forums. i find them worth keeping around even if only a small collection, because sometimes you just want an honest nuetral headphone. in the future, a better all arounder would probably be something like an AKG Q701 ( or many many other options too ).

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 19
Yeah. According to Innerfidelity's measurements of the FA-003, the peak in the bass is the upper midbass, and then a gradual roll of to where it's probably close to neutral to overall response somewhere really deep in the sub bass: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FischerAudioFA003.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back