Jul 2, 2002 at 8:51 AM Post #16 of 17
AIC - Dirt
STP - Purple
Smashing Pumpkins - Simese Dream

Biggie.

Jul 2, 2002 at 12:56 PM Post #17 of 17
i'd have to really agree with carlo on the following:
garbage - version 2.0
radiohead - the bends (the first things that came to mind upon reading this thread's title)
nirvana - nevermind

the others i don't own.. yet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

my list comes around as well:

hum - you'd prefer an astronaut (technically their second album, although their first major label album release)
blink182 - dude ranch (boy do they suck now but to this day i feel that "pathetic" is my theme song)
smashing pumpkins - siamese dream (if you don't own this album, you're a communist)
tori amos - under the pink
rufus wainwright - poses (yeah he's gay, so what?! but really, this album is the one mainstream pop album of last year that doesn't completely suck)
fatboy slim - you've come a long way baby (a truly talented man, i don't care what anybody says or how damn trendy that album got)
pedro the lion - winners never quit (we decided that ep's don't count as first albums.. right? anyway, this album is dark and dreary though you may not notice, might not be for you because i'm a rather morbid person)
tool - aenima (still my favorite release by them)
pantera - vulgar display of power (come on your metalheads, how can you forget this album?!)
modest mouse - the lonesome crowded west (although technically their third album, this is the one that really hooked me. this album still blows me away everytime i listen to it and really embodies why i listen to indie rock)
built to spill - there's nothing wrong with love (indie rock album perfection. if you are thinking about getting into indie music, buy this album. it'll push you right in.)
jimmy eat world - clarity (forget that bubble-gum ******** you hear from them on the radio, this album is who they are. a friend of mine considers this album, the beatles' revolver and floyd's dark side of the moon as his favorite album. there is a reason for him liking it that much, it's just really good)
massive attack - protection (although everyone seems to be into mezzanine these days, i really like their earlier releases as well)

now that i've bored you with my list.. great thread carlo!

ummm can't think of anything else at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back