Best rounded headphones in the sub $150 range?
Jan 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

maDIEmG

New Head-Fier
I'm somewhat new to this and would like to get some recommendations on what would be a good rounded set of headphones for all the general purposes.

I personally am I PC gamer and love listing to my library (wide range of genres rock, rap, grime, [size=small]drum 'n' bass, ect.) and enjoy a decent bass kick when appropriate as well as watch movies.[/size]

I was looking at the HD558 as they are currently on sale for around $140 but have no personally experience with them so it's hard for me to decide for myself. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 6
do you have any gear before this or an idea of what kind if sound signature you prefer? the HD558 are a little on the warm side, clean bass, lively mids and not piercing highs.
soundstage on them is really good, should be suitable for movies and gaming. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 6
I do have some good ear buds AudioFly AF56 and CX980 because I do a lot of listen to music when I go to the gym or go on walks.  As for sound signature I do like a sound nature sound thats a bit warm just cause it sounds really I guess "soulful" to me. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 6
i see, i guess these will be a good choice then, they are quite immersive and seductive, (not as much as the HD650 though
rolleyes.gif
)
unless someone else comes along and suggests something else i probably would stick with my thoughts.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
haha HD650s seem awesome but just a tad bit out of my price range. =p

yeah i would buy a HD650 if i could too
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back