Best rock IEM....SE530 or W3?
Dec 21, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No such thing as consensus in this matter.

I, for example, don't agree with that statement.

Consensus is not the same as unanimous. The majority of the opinions expressed in this thread so far (i.e. the consensus) is the SE530 is a better choice for rock. It's just a metric, it's not definitive.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Consensus is not the same as unanimous. The majority of the opinions expressed in this thread so far (i.e. the consensus) is the SE530 is a better choice for rock. It's just a metric, it's not definitive.

:p! Thanks, thats exactly what I meant. No heard feelings though, Flavio

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #33 of 56
It's not the most popular idea but I just couldn't find a reasonable sound suited for rock with se530 but with TF10 with a little bit of eq (spoken word in ipod) I've found my perfect rock-out sound. Of course, YMMV.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #34 of 56
i tested for W3, Shure53o and fi10 for an hour with Sony S739 model.

as for me, with flat and EQ, W3 simply sound better. more wide soundtage and alot mode details(bass-mid-high) then the others.

but one thing is shure become more nature warm sound then W3 when i tune "clearbass" eq setting to the highest and turn to max volumm. W3 sound too boommy bass and abit out of countrol...but this is for testing... and acceptable voulmn and EQ..W3 wins my heart and i thus earn my bonus money as well.

Dec 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by l1f35ux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely agree with you. IMO I enjoy SE530 more than W3's.

thats not what I said; I said that I like the SE530 better for some rock and that its a great IEM. I like the W3 better overall

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be pretty shocked if an objective Ety lover did NOT like the W3. Outside of an Ety, the W3 is the most detailed and revealing IEM I have ever heard but you get a fuller, more dynamic and more robust sound. To me it's like a fully amped ER4P on steriods.

Don't the highs roll off lot more than the etys though?

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicktheNorse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple.fi 10s!

you again with the triples
darthsmile.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If u assume triple.fi mid is bad or recessed, W3 is worst.

a bit hypocritical, aren't we?
tongue_smile.gif

you berate another user for commenting on the w3 even though he doesn't have them yet you do the same... you never provided any info that you own these (you implicitly suggested in anthonyfirst's w3 review thread that you don't own them)

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #45 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't the highs roll off lot more than the etys though?

This is a personal preference thing but I would not call them rolled off at all. To me ER4P is too razor sharp detailed which is fatiguing to my ears. W3 treble sounds more natural to me and is quite a bit more detailed than SE530.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back