Best Ripper for FLAC
Dec 13, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 22
IDK..don't add replay gain settings. Wan't them as is. Am more particular on the Metadata info and the integrity/accuracy of the rip.

If a tad high for you, then by all means. Storage today are not that limited as before..

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #18 of 22
I'm mobile right now...

Under program settings > drive settings, I ticked everything
- error correction
- drive spinup (5 sec)
- drive offset
- verify audio
- verify data

Surely more options more time consuming. Don't know of you priorities.

What I liked also is that it has a nice meta editor. You can edit/correct/download Album art, Artist/Album info etc.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #19 of 22
Yes, I like the meta editor as well. Nothing else seems to touch it. I've seen lots of damming reviews (as well as good ones) for EZ CD, so I'm hesitating at the moment. But then it's doing a great job tonight ploughing through a mountain of CD's! Question: Is it worth paying for? Have you done so?

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #20 of 22
Happy with it. 10yrs have been using it.

Thing that sold me:
- can customize/edit/control the whole ripping process.
- properly edit Metadata (esp. album art, album/artist/track info etc.)

Wanted more than just a program that tells me an accurate rip has been done.
Its not just the good sound. But when playing or searching, I see all the info there.

With ease of use, speed, I never changed to other similar. This works for me.

Hoping it will do to your needs also.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #21 of 22
fwiw, with computers these days typically the longest part of the cd ripping process is the pulling of the data from the cd. the increased resources for higher levels of flac compression, and while i use eac and haven't used ez cd, i only assume that the extra options in ez cd add an insignificant amount of time to the ripping of each disk. hell, flac level 8 takes exponentially longer than 5 with only a very slight decrease in file size, but it's worth it to most to just rip at 8 because it really amounts to only a couple extra seconds for a cd.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #22 of 22
With large amounts of storage availability today. I think flac compression is not an issue anymore (esp. on the size/processing /time benefit it offer).

Each have its own priorities on ripping. Amount of integrity, time, options they want to have.

On ripping I want to be in control on what I do, not just tell me I have an accurate rip.

But what Poikosoft's EZ CD stands out is Metadata editing/look up.

Give it a whip: https://www.poikosoft.com/audio-converter

Here is a sample. of its Ripper layout:

scrshot_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back