Best resampler plugin for Foobar
Jul 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

regal

Headphoneus Supremus
Long story short my DAC's as much as I love them only accept 88.2 not 96k,  can anyone recommend the best resampler plugin for foobar? I remember one was suppsoed to have the best algorithm but don't remember the name.

I will dither with Izotope Ozone MSB+ VST after the resample ( I can't see that Ozone can resample on its own.).  I want to do this in realtime on playback rather than permanately changine the flacs.

Thanks

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 7
SoX resampler.

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 7
Dac's aren't the problem, many accept 192k but the computer hardware coax/toslink usually only outputs a max of 96k and many Dac's don't accept more than 96k via USB even though you can output more than that on a computers hardware.  So its kinda on the one hand the computer is limited for spdif out via coax/toslink and the Dac's are limited via input for USB.  Someone needs to incorporate a M2Tech Highface into a DAC so we can get the full 192k from USB or change the hardware on the computer in order to get more than 96k via spdif out.  But in the mean time, you can try SoX upsampler with Foobar, it is by far the best.

If possible you should resample to a rate that your Dac's clock is already set too.  For example is a clock is 12.0000mHz the ideal rate would be 12/256=.046875 or 46.875 so the closest you can get is 48Hz. Usually clocks support either 256 or 512 frequencies but a few like that in AudioGd's DSP-1 circuit supports 384 and 768 as well.  If you take the frequency of the clock and divide it by 256 etc. you will get the ideal rate for the clock without the need for PLL's [phase lock loop].

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 7
Supposedly multiples of 2 in resampling cause less data loss than uneven multiples, so you should be glad your dac accepts 88.2. But I still say that resampling is just voodoo nonsense.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 7

I need the resampler to downsample from 96k to 88.2k,  not to upsample.

I tried the sox it does a good job.

Quote:
Supposedly multiples of 2 in resampling cause less data loss than uneven multiples, so you should be glad your dac accepts 88.2. But I still say that resampling is just voodoo nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back