Best Replacement Triple Flanges for Meelectronics M6/VSonic GR06
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hitme987

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Can any body suggest me the best triple flange with good comfort and maximum isolation?

I have both the GR 06 and M6. I have been using the triple flanges of M6 for my GR06 till I lost one of them, they were awesome and were doing the job well,

I searched through some head fi threads and got that shure triple flange, m6 stock triple flange, etymotic triple flanges are the good ones out there, Please mention if you have any better alternative I dont mind the price of them!

Which of these is best for mainly isolation with a good/moderate comfort? I travel in noisy areas and I mainly require good isolation.

I also got some suggestions out there that sony hybrid tips.or comply Tx-400 are another good single flange tips. Are these really good isolating? I dont really mind the comfort, I need a good isolation and good sound quality and in my experience isolation=sound quality.

Thanks for your time. I would appreciate if anyone can help me out here. PS: If I posted this in the wrong section, forgive me, I am a newbie here :D

Regards,
- Hitme987!

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 9
I have found that the Comply Foam tips offer the best isolation and comfort as far as I am concerned.

They are the only tips I will use.

Cheers, Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 9
You should stick with the MEElectronics tips.  They're just as good as other third-party tips but a lot cheaper.  You can buy them here:
http://www.meelec.com/category_s/379.htm

I've used Complys with mixed results.  They were fine with my Shure e2c but lousy with my Etys.  They muffled the sound and I could feel the Etys flopping around in my ear.  Also, Complys aren't very durable.  They fall apart after 2 months.

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
You should stick with the MEElectronics tips.  They're just as good as other third-party tips but a lot cheaper.  You can buy them here:
http://www.meelec.com/category_s/379.htm

I've used Complys with mixed results.  They were fine with my Shure e2c but lousy with my Etys.  They muffled the sound and I could feel the Etys flopping around in my ear.  Also, Complys aren't very durable.  They fall apart after 2 months.

Yeah. The stock triple flanges of M6 were too good. I am looking if there is an upgrade to this one. I need one which is durable so complys are out of case. Any more suggestions could be appreciated!

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 9
Hmm..I would change my opinion of triple flange to Comply TX 500 since Ive read around the headfi and review sites that it provides isolation better than Triple flanges, Now, what Im not aware is which size I have to buy. It has sizes small, medium and large. My ear fits good with the stock M6 dual flanges and single large flange, what should I buy in order to get maximum isolation(M or L)? Any comply with M6 users reviews could be appreciated.

Thank you.

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Hmm..I would change my opinion of triple flange to Comply TX 500 since Ive read around the headfi and review sites that it provides isolation better than Triple flanges, Now, what Im not aware is which size I have to buy. It has sizes small, medium and large. My ear fits good with the stock M6 dual flanges and single large flange, what should I buy in order to get maximum isolation(M or L)? Any comply with M6 users reviews could be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comply Foam tip model T500.

Size is tougher though. If you go to their site they have tip dimensions.

Measure your old silicone and compare... My WAG is medium.

Cheers, Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Comply Foam tip model T500.
Size is tougher though. If you go to their site they have tip dimensions.
Measure your old silicone and compare... My WAG is medium.
Cheers, Jim

Thanks for your reply. I will check the dimensions. Whats the big difference between TX 500 and T 500? As per the site, TX 500 contains a Wax Guard addition to T 500. What exactly more does it do? Does it improve sound quality?

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for your reply. I will check the dimensions. Whats the big difference between TX 500 and T 500? As per the site, TX 500 contains a Wax Guard addition to T 500. What exactly more does it do? Does it improve sound quality?

The wax guard is a piece of acoustic foam that covers the sound bore of the iem.

Some say it alters the sound of the iem. Even Comply state that it reduces the sound output. Use with caution.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back