Best replacement tips for MEElectronics M6?
Feb 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gregory_WE

New Head-Fier
I've been using mine for a few weeks and I do like them, but I'm not sure on the quality of the seal I'm getting. For the most part, I've been using the smallest tips as they seem to give the best SQ.

Are there any tips that would fit the M6 that you'd recommend trying?

Sony Hybrids were suggested in a post I found: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-B...d=D6AGWUPZSUF8

Are there any others? like Shure olives?

Also, last night I just removed the memory wire. My only concern is getting the cord to stay over my ears... it doesn't seem to want to stay there. I use these for working out and so that might be a bit of a problem. The memory wire was a pain in the ass though anyways (uncomfortable, and I found myself always having to be repositioning it around my ear). BTW, I removed both the copper and the heatshrink around it.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Olives won't fit unless de-cored and they will likely be too loose once modified. I'd go with the Hybrids. Best buy usually carries them if you're in the US and don't want to pay for shipping.

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 7
So the hybrids will likely give a better seal or be more comfortable? One issue I have with the small tips I'm using right now is that they're a bit uncomfortable. They do seal well and sound good, tough.

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Another vote for Sony hybrids. They are very comfy and isolate well. I actually sleep with the m6/hybrid on all the time.

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #7 of 7
I might have to try the Comply's too, the triple flanges are okay but I love the foam feel and heard good things about Comply 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back