Best replacement for Blon BL03 in 2023?
Jun 27, 2023 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ext23

100+ Head-Fier
I LOVED these little IEMs, wore them to death (literally; both the mesh filters fell out and one of the earphone shells actually split and I superglued it back together).

I have the S12 Pro planar IEMs as my dailys now, but am wondering what's the most music/engaging ~$20-30 set going around these days?

FWIW I have the Salnotes 7hz Zero and I think they're fantastic, they just don't have that engaging musicality that the Blons have. Ideally I'm looking for pairs that I can just gift to non-audiophile people; the 7hz Zero won't be for everyone, but the Blon sure is (was?).

Any recommendations welcome!

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 7
If you want bass, the KBEAR Rosefinch is worth looking at for $18.

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 7
I LOVED these little IEMs, wore them to death (literally; both the mesh filters fell out and one of the earphone shells actually split and I superglued it back together).

I have the S12 Pro planar IEMs as my dailys now, but am wondering what's the most music/engaging ~$20-30 set going around these days?

FWIW I have the Salnotes 7hz Zero and I think they're fantastic, they just don't have that engaging musicality that the Blons have. Ideally I'm looking for pairs that I can just gift to non-audiophile people; the 7hz Zero won't be for everyone, but the Blon sure is (was?).

Any recommendations welcome!

At $20ish you can read about the Truthear HOLA and Tangzu Wan'er, those are quite consumer friendly sets. For a bit more, the Kiwi Ears Cadenza.

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 7
At $20ish you can read about the Truthear HOLA and Tangzu Wan'er, those are quite consumer friendly sets. For a bit more, the Kiwi Ears Cadenza.
I own the Hola and honestly I think it sounds a bit too veiled for an average listener. The Waner is apparently closer to the 7hz Zero with a bit more bass, is that accurate?

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 7
I own the Hola and honestly I think it sounds a bit too veiled for an average listener. The Waner is apparently closer to the 7hz Zero with a bit more bass, is that accurate?

Waner is warm neutral, thicker note weight and less technical, but more laid back and bassier.

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 7
Are they still good besides just having a lot of bass? Don't know much about these ones.
They're ok, not technical masterpieces but the bass is definitely the selling point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back