Best rechargeable batteries?
Nov 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote: I need to pick up a kit for my CMOY complete with 2 recharge-able 9v's, what do you guys reccomend for high quality lasting power?

Go to Thomas Distributing on Internet and find the iPower lithium - ion 500mA 9v batteries. There is a charger specially made for these batteries. This is the most expensive option.
Check on eBay for Lithium - ion batteries and there is a seller who sells them cheap, but another brand. I have tested all these batteries and they are good. Seller is "batterybarn", he has a battery and charger for $19.99. Sometimes he sells batteries separate from the charger.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Do you really need 18V supply? If not - convert to AAAs. 1000 mAh AAAs are cheap. If there's room for two 6F22s, there should be room for nine or ten AAAs. The amp will be a little bit heavier and you have to use a sturdier charger (I use LM317T as trickle charger), but I think it's worth it.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 4
There have been problems with iPower in the past. They seem to sit for a long time uncared for. If you get one of these you might have trouble, too. I think this is why you get mixed reviews of them. Some people get new ones that are just fine, and others get the old ones that are already corroding slightly internally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back