Best R2R DAP?
Jun 10, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Luxury & Precision P6 Pro and LP6 are the undisputed kings, from a sonic aspect. Granted, their lack of streaming and archaic OS makes them less of an enjoyable experience, but the sound is unmatched. I personally own the P6 Pro and I’m very happy with it!

Jun 11, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 6
I currently have both the RS8 and the new SE300. I have owned the P6 Pro and regret selling it. The RS8 is very good but I am taking a shining to the SE300 as it plays well in may favorite music genre (string quartet). If only the UI wasn't somewhat laggy - odd for a new $2000 DAP. I imagine the P7 Pro will cost around $7000?

Jun 11, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 6
Rs6 is great value for money

Jun 11, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Luxury & Precision P6 Pro and LP6 are the undisputed kings, from a sonic aspect. Granted, their lack of streaming and archaic OS makes them less of an enjoyable experience, but the sound is unmatched. I personally own the P6 Pro and I’m very happy with it!
Can you tell me more about this? I'm looking at P6 Pro. It looks like it's from 2021 (?) has L&P updated this, or is this still the current flagship? What OS does it run? Does it feel laggy, or otherwise have a poor UX?

I currently have both the RS8 and the new SE300. I have owned the P6 Pro and regret selling it. The RS8 is very good but I am taking a shining to the SE300 as it plays well in may favorite music genre (string quartet). If only the UI wasn't somewhat laggy - odd for a new $2000 DAP. I imagine the P7 Pro will cost around $7000?
The RS8 looks like a great DAP, and appears more modern than the P6 Pro. How do you compare the two?

Jun 11, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #6 of 6
Can you tell me more about this? I'm looking at P6 Pro. It looks like it's from 2021 (?) has L&P updated this, or is this still the current flagship? What OS does it run? Does it feel laggy, or otherwise have a poor UX?

The RS8 looks like a great DAP, and appears more modern than the P6 Pro. How do you compare the two?
From a full value perspective the RS8 is better. I can only speak from my favorite genre - string quartet music. I would say the RS8 sounds "fuller" and the P6 Pro a very small tad more organic. A lot is going to depend on your chain and especially headphone synergy. I mostly listen with the Audio-Technica WP900 which is slightly bright. Can't go wrong with either one - but the RS8 is a far more modern and capable experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back