Best programmable universal remotes?
Aug 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #16 of 21
+1 for Harmony.

Tried a lot of universal remotes. Including Sony's touchscreen, OneForAll Cameleon and an older Pronto.
Stayed with a Harmony 885 and now got me a Harmony One.
Not perfect, but the ones that suite me best.

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #17 of 21
I use a Harmony 550. While it's not perfect, it's a great remote for $50 shipped. Only problem is the software, which makes sonicstage and the zune software look amazing. Numerous times I've had the program crash after fiddling with the settings for about 20 minutes (this is on a Mac with the newest software). If the software wasn't so awful I could fix most of the annoyances with the remote

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 21
I just bought a Harmony One today and so far I absolutely hate the thing.

If I start with the home theater turned off, and press the 'Watch DVD" activity, everything turns on and is set correctly. That's nice. However, if I want to turn off the TV and DVD player and switch the receiver to CD input to listen to music, I have to dig through submenus on both the TV and DVD device menu and then dig through the receiver sub menu to switch input. If I were to press the "Listen to CD" activity, it just switches everything off.

If I don't get the hang of this thing soon, back it goes.

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 21
One a side not the ESPN remote is very nice... even has built in WiFi to keep you up to date on scores and eliminates the need to plug it in to update it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back