Best program to bring music from ipod to mac.
Feb 25, 2008 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

weste47

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a new computer, and I'de like to transfer all of the music from my ipod onto my new computer. I've tried a few programs and senuti works decently but I've found sometimes it misses a few songs. Does anyone know of anything better for mac that is free? thanks.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 14
I think the issue is that an ipod can't normally be used to transfer songs from one computer to another xephyr.

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the issue is that an ipod can't normally be used to transfer songs from one computer to another xephyr.

That doesn't make sense...you can't transfer music from one computer to an IPod and then transfer the music from the IPod to another computer?? ...or am I just misunderstanding the question??

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 14
Nope. Not with stock software. iTunes is very purposefully set up so that it only syncs in one direction.

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. Not with stock software. iTunes is very purposefully set up so that it only syncs in one direction.

Wow that sucks....especially if your computer crashes and you didn't backup your music and its all on your IPod...another reason to not get an IPod

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 14
I used senuti for tiger. I recently used a demo version of something for leo but I forgot what it is :p I could only do 5 songs per click but it worked well...

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #9 of 14
If you know your way around the Terminal, you can work around this by checking "Enable Disk Use" and trawling through the invisible folder /Volumes/<iPod name>/iPod_Control/Music.

Feb 25, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #11 of 14
I ended up using senuti and it worked fine. You just can't send it straight to itunes because then it will skip songs. So I just sent it to a folder on the desktop then dragged that into itunes. Didn't miss any songs eather
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nogrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senuti - Download

x2 on Senuti
Used a couple of times in the past and experienced no problems.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 14
I use PodWorks. The nice thing is you can run it right on the hard drive of the iPod itself. No need for any program on the receiving computer. Everything you need is on the iPod itself.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back