best print audio magazines
Oct 23, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #16 of 26
I checked the subscription price on Hi-Fi+. They give you 10% off the cover price of $7.99 an issue. For that, I might rather pick them up at a book store. Bah.

UHF, likewise, is quite expensive.

Oct 23, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #17 of 26
Yeah I guess it is kind of expensive. $25.00 US for US subscribers, but we Canadians only pay $25.00 Canadian. That's about the cheapest I ever had a years subscription to Stereophile for but I think I would rather have the 6 issues of UHF instead.

Oct 28, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #21 of 26
Hi-Fi + is expensive but I like it the best. It has great articles and the best pictures of equipment I have ever seen. I don't care about measurements since I don't ever read those anyway. Stereophile and TAS are ok but they're so full of themselves it's not even funny.

Oct 28, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #22 of 26
I picked up the newest Stereophile, TAS and HiFi+. I didn't pick up UHF, at least not yet. HiFi+ had the new Wadia featured so that was a good draw. Stereophile has Tyll in his undies. ...

I like the format of HiFi+. I may break down and subscribe after all if their articles live up. In the Wadia article, they misused "psychoacoustics" and that bothered me a little. Well written otherwise I guess. Not comparative enough, though.

Oct 28, 2002 at 10:27 PM Post #23 of 26
I never got my last issue of Listener.
frown.gif
I prefer Reichert over Dudley, btw.

Oh well, all that's left is VTV. My interests have pushed beyond mainstream audio.

Oct 29, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 26
$ENSIBLE SOUND for down to earth but not ultra high end reviews.

AUDIO CRTITC by Peter Axzel if you can find it.Not afraid to slam anything especially the supposed benefits of power conditioners and other tweaky stuff. Their reviews af loudspeakers are the best. I hope they would review headphones but I haven't seen any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back