Best pricing?
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Tom White

New Head-Fier
I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, but I'm hoping for some help finding the best price on Sennheiser HD518's. I've checked Amazon and BH Photo. They each price them at 79.00. Are there any other sites I should check? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 12
Even amazon may sell things that's not brand new. I once bought a pair of headphones listed new but missing accessory.

About ebay, I will say the prices they list are not always the price they sell at. Always make an offer if available.
normal_smile .gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #6 of 12
I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, but I'm hoping for some help finding the best price on Sennheiser HD518's. I've checked Amazon and BH Photo. They each price them at 79.00. Are there any other sites I should check? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

How about the HD558s? To my ears, a much better phone for the extra $20.

They're $99 at Buysonic.com (deal site for Sonic Electronix...kinda like Cowboom.com is for Bestbuy)

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 12
I' be never heard of those first two sites, but you are saying they are legit?

I live in a rural area, so believe me when I say "cowboom" has a different meaning around here. :)

Ha! We used to live in the country as well. Our kid's school actually had a Tractor Day every year...and yes they played 'She thinks my tractor's sexy' :wink:

Anyway, www.cowboom.com is legit -- just the clearance site for Bestbuy. It also has a fair amount of used/trade-in merchandise (iPhones, Tablets, etc) that BB takes in when they sell a new product. I've found some excellent deals there -- KNS8400s for $73, Aviators for $56, etc. Also, my local BB stores will match Cowboom's pricing (except Deal of the Day)...although some BBs apparently won't. Got my DT1350s for $174 at a local store that way.

I personally haven't bought from Buysonic. However, it's essentially Sonic Electronix's version of Cowboom. The deals I've seen are very good for the most part. Several long-term members have vouched for them and I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on a deal that interested me.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #10 of 12
I personally haven't bought from Buysonic. However, it's essentially Sonic Electronix's version of Cowboom. The deals I've seen are very good for the most part. Several long-term members have vouched for them and I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on a deal that interested me.

I'm not sure it's the same as Cowboom. Cowboom sells returned products in various condition states. My understanding is that Buysonic is a flash sale site that sells new products--so more like NewEggFlash.

I've bought from Sonic Electronix several times. They are well known in car audio. Be sure to read the return policy on Buysonic. They do not accept returns except for defective products; it's how they keep the prices down.

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #11 of 12
I'm not sure it's the same as Cowboom. Cowboom sells returned products in various condition states. My understanding is that Buysonic is a flash sale site that sells new products--so more like NewEggFlash.

I've bought from Sonic Electronix several times. They are well known in car audio. Be sure to read the return policy on Buysonic. They do not accept returns except for defective products; it's how they keep the prices down.

Yes...only new on Buysonic; new and used on Cowboom. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough in my earlier post!

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #12 of 12
Ha! We used to live in the country as well. Our kid's school actually had a Tractor Day every year...and yes they played 'She thinks my tractor's sexy' :wink:

Anyway, www.cowboom.com is legit -- just the clearance site for Bestbuy. It also has a fair amount of used/trade-in merchandise (iPhones, Tablets, etc) that BB takes in when they sell a new product. I've found some excellent deals there -- KNS8400s for $73, Aviators for $56, etc. Also, my local BB stores will match Cowboom's pricing (except Deal of the Day)...although some BBs apparently won't. Got my DT1350s for $174 at a local store that way.

I'm here representing Sonic Electronix. You can always message me for best pricing. Also, I can also attest to service level of buysonic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back