Best price/retailer on Grado internationally
Mar 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

wovenhand

1000+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this has been discussed to death but my search did not yield any satisfactory anwers.

So, where does one find a nice solid retailer who sports nice price tags on Grado's?
I was first overjoyed to find a pair of RS-1i's at HeadRoom for a mere $695 but found they can't ship Grado outside the US, which I guess goes for all Grado retailers in the US.

RS-1's retail for around $900-$1000 here in Sweden, so anything below that would be nice. Any and all tips are welcome.

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 21
Combine a vacation with your headphone purchase :p

It's a shame that Grado's are so much more expensive outside of the US
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 21
I would say used is your only bet. Grado sells them for a markup outside of the US, and the prices are just as inflexible as the $695 in the US. Go used from the FS forums. Wait for a pair in excellent condition. Even if you spend an extra $100 to ship them to you, they will still come in for less than $700.

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 21
There's a nice pair of GS1000's on ebay right now for $650USD from a member of the forums, so give ebay a try!

Although, a nice vacation with a stop at a Grado shop would be nice too eh!

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 21
I hear ya on the vacation idea, but sadly it's not in the budget right now.
cool.gif

Thanks for your input though. I'm kinda picky when it comes to headphones and really prefer to buy new (amps/dacs/cables/etc are perfectly fine second hand though), but maybe used is my only viable option for Grado's.

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 21
I am interested also, in my case there isn't even a place where to see/try/buy Grados locally...

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 21
I think I'll try contacting a Swedish retailer and simply ask for a more favorable price. I re-eeeally don't think they'll bite, but hey, it's worth a short. If that fails it looks like I'm going second hand.

...And I'm still awaiting a nice little RS-1 vs RS-1i comparison thread.
popcorn.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...And I'm still awaiting a nice little RS-1 vs RS-1i comparison thread.
popcorn.gif

I have heard both, and the differences are extremely subtle, even in terms of audiophiles. In fact, they are subtle enough that I they could very well have been invented by my mind. In any case, I would say that they don't sound different enough to even approach the rift in price between a fantastic condition used pair of RS-1 and a new pair of RS-1i.

Also, if you are really that picky, wait for a good condition one. Be patient, and then buy new pads if you care that much.

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #12 of 21
Find yourself a trustworthy American who will buy you a pair and ship them over, Also there was a guy on e-bay who used to ship international at a fairish price but I can't find him anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back