best price on q-Jays?
Apr 4, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 9
They're too new. $180 is the going rate. Try to scan the for sale forums and buy from a reputable head-fier. You could always buy from Headroom. That's why the have the 30-day money back guarantee.

Nylan

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lqv2015 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, $180 every where I go. That's not including shipping. I'm also reluctant from people complaining about sudden drops from one of the piece.

I heard about that too from a couple of forum members, but after 200+ hours, I've yet to experience it and I haven't even replaced the filters once. In fact, I just swapped out the stock silicone sleeves for Shure black olives (after stretching the inner silicone tube of course) and the filters looked fine to me.

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWFokker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard about that too from a couple of forum members, but after 200+ hours, I've yet to experience it and I haven't even replaced the filters once. In fact, I just swapped out the stock silicone sleeves for Shure black olives (after stretching the inner silicone tube of course) and the filters looked fine to me.

I must step in here too. The problem I have noticed on the units I have got back is that 97% of the sound dropping issue is filter related and not due to HW fault. I have x-rayed all units and the ones that not had the filter problems have been according to the report exposed to some kind of dropping or like that. And believe me it is not easy to remember things like that. I worked in the cell phone industry before this for 8 years and when we got units that was exposed to water the customers got very angry and said they never had it even close to water. But the phones was like a green mushroom inside
wink.gif
. So the buzz about sound dropping is if you ask me a buzz that is connected to the filters since the fault will appear in the same way. Even if you experience the sound dropping completely within like 2 seconds it might be filters. And it is not enough looking at them in this case. They MUST be replaced to be 100% that this is not the problem. I'm not saying this to blame people, only to help them cause I have had too many returns on my table that was fixed in 1 minute by just replacing the filters. On the new batch of q-JAYS we have an improved Strain reliever also to improve overall quality. If any question just as always send me a PM or email support@jays.se and I will do everything to help you out. You got 100% backup
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 9
Thank you for the explanation Petced. You would think that changing the filters would be the first thing people would check.

I've been looking at the q-jays since they first hit the boards. Someday, I'll pick up a pair.

Nylan

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #9 of 9
if only i got them when they were 180...

whats up with the 20% price increase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back