Best Portables for House Music please
Oct 28, 2017 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nicknack40

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all looking for a Decent pair of Portables to wear around the House conneted to Cowan D MP3 player or Bluetooth from my PC either will be fine i listen mostly to Deep House.House and Disco the Bass doesn't need to be big and like to have decent vocals any recommendations would be great thank you

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 9
My vote would be the Noble Audio 'Dulce Bass' (aka Sweet Bass in Italian). Not cheap @ $700 or so, as such if your budget is lower, maybe look out for forthcoming IE800 on the second hand markets (IE800S model out soon) but be very, very wary of the fakes. Both of these IEMs are fantastic (I love house and techno, the dulce bass make me feel I am in a club with a fine tuned Function 1 rig - hence I lean towards the Nobles, plus the cable is very short with the IE800, nor is it detachable but sound great nevertheless.

Both have deep, yet realistic bass with no loss or mid range bleed to my ears.

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 9
My vote would be the Noble Audio 'Dulce Bass' (aka Sweet Bass in Italian). Not cheap @ $700 or so, as such if your budget is lower, maybe look out for forthcoming IE800 on the second hand markets (IE800S model out soon) but be very, very wary of the fakes. Both of these IEMs are fantastic (I love house and techno, the dulce bass make me feel I am in a club with a fine tuned Function 1 rig - hence I lean towards the Nobles, plus the cable is very short with the IE800, nor is it detachable but sound great nevertheless.

Both have deep, yet realistic bass with no loss or mid range bleed to my ears.
Hi Pedro thank you for your recommendation im in the UK. Do Noble Audio have a UK retailers many thanks for the reply

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 9
Hi Nick, I do indeed. I'm based in Manchester, UK. But cannot recommend The Audio Sanctuary enough. They are based in the south. They sell Noble Audio but also Senn IE800. You may be able to negotiate lower price on the IE800 with the 'S' model coming out but this isn't by any means a given. As previously stated, the IE800 are soon to be replaced but for £599 (see link) I would buy the Noble if feasible. If you happen to be VAT registered I believe you can get 20% off although being VAT registered I have never managed to get the VAT off at checkout. I use mine with a Dragonfly RED 90% of the time, the Dragonfly DAC has a nice low end kick that the Nobles respond very well to. I had the Mojo before but there was so little in it I opted for the Dragonfly DAC.

I have had the Dulce Bass for over a year now and whilst I might buy something else up the ladder, I wouldn't ever part with the Dulce Bass. The Bass is very addictive but I also miss the IE800 a little but all considered Noble were the right choice for me.

I hope this helps.

https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/noble/

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 9
PS: My only regret is not getting a fully customised version of the Dulce Bass. If you want a custom version (I cannot. stress enough how much fit helps and makes a difference) you need to contact Gisele @ Aid2Hearing based in London. She is a top audiologist, Noble approved. More costly so yet again, depends on your budget.

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 9
PS: My only regret is not getting a fully customised version of the Dulce Bass. If you want a custom version (I cannot. stress enough how much fit helps and makes a difference) you need to contact Gisele @ Aid2Hearing based in London. She is a top audiologist, Noble approved. More costly so yet again, depends on your budget.
i may have to push and get them there mainly for night time listening so not disturbing the neighbours so really didn't want to spend that much £350 was my limit really. But i can push up to £600 no problem. How do the nobles sound with Vocals? See im in Hull and there is not many places where i can Audition Headphones There is Richer Sounds and Fanthorpes but all have limited stock so im restricted to reviews

Oct 28, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 9
Small world! I was born in Beverley! - Vocals are very good but both Dulce Bass and IE800 demand lossless files, or Spotify with a semi decent DAC in my experience otherwise they expose too much noise you don't want to hear - distortion basically. The Dulce Bass are known for being very good acoustically and I can testify to this. You won't hear Noble's north of the M62 I'm afraid. There are annual head fi shows/exhibitions but they tend to be in the south. I listen to every genre through them besides classical and not once have I felt they lack or fall short etc, but this is my experience and your money! IE800 don't come up much on the second hand markets, but when they do appear (the legit ones) they will be just about within your initial budget. I wouldn't say Nobles are twice the performance, no way. But, for me I have no regrets having sold on my IE800 for the Noble Audio Dulce Bass. Another IEM that is known for bass, albeit an old tech now, are the Shure 846. I haven't heard them much to comment but could be another consideration for you.

Your best bet may be to buy second hand, this way you won't take such a hit in the event of you not liking them. But be very, very wary with the IE800 as eBay is riddled with fakes and Senn will not vouch for legit should you wish to put a case against someone through PayPal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back