Best portable under $20 (other than KSC75)
Nov 6, 2009 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jim McC

100+ Head-Fier
NOT including the KSC75. And nothing that you stick in your ear. I'm talking about the style like the PX100(with a headband). Is there anything that's not in joker's budget review thread? Thanks.

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 10
Yeah, the new MEelectronics have a few choices now.

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 10
I don't know if I've seen Joker's thread, but these Panasonic HPs are just under $20 and they are in the same style as the PX100s and PX200s. It's been on my "to buy" list for a long time now.

I'm sure if you do a search on HF here, you can find a decent review of it. From memory, they're pretty good sound signature, decent bass, and overall worthwhile for the price tag.

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I've seen Joker's thread, but these Panasonic HPs are just under $20 and they are in the same style as the PX100s and PX200s. It's been on my "to buy" list for a long time now.

I'm sure if you do a search on HF here, you can find a decent review of it. From memory, they're pretty good sound signature, decent bass, and overall worthwhile for the price tag.

Hehe. Yes, they're in my thread, as are the Flats. The best thing about the slimz is the folding/storage arrangement with the little dvd case and also how light/comfy they are. Wouldn't say they have good bass - for that I'd take the Philips SHL9500.

Nov 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 10
WOW just saw that review thread ! Great job man !
Can you say that the JVC's clearly produce better overall sound than the HX50 and there is no reason to get the Panasonics at all other than style ?

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silencer23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW just saw that review thread ! Great job man !
Can you say that the JVC's clearly produce better overall sound than the HX50 and there is no reason to get the Panasonics at all other than style ?

Thanks
icon10.gif

Well, the JVCs are definitely a more balanced-sounding set of phones. The Slimz might have a bit more detail in the upper mids and highs, especially for the first few hundred hours. The reason I kept the Slimz longer than I kept the flats was the comfort and the portability. I took them to work often cause that case can just be thrown in my laptop bag and I can forget about it.

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silencer23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm so they Slimz may be better for Rock and OST classical music ?
Can the lack of bass be somewhat more balanced with EQ usage ?

Classical most likely. They have a fairly wide soundstage. Think I prefer the Flats for rock though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back