Best Portable speaker under $30?
Aug 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

DeusEx

Headphoneus Supremus
I couldn't find a relevant forum to post this in, so mods move this where it's more appropriate...

My Samsung P3 and iPhone 3GS are fine for IEM listening, but horribly weak on their external speakers (for demoing a song for friends, or background music). Any good portable speaker using the 3.5mm jack? I know absolutely nothing about portable speakers...since I just spent 2K on computer parts, I can only spare ~$30 for right now, of course, if there's a spectacular performer for $10-20 more, I wouldn't mind.

I've heard that Fiio made some decent portable speakers (i.e. Fiio Walkbox)...although I wasn't too impressed by the E5 amp.

What do you guys use? Bluetooth speakers are fine, but the quality might suffer?

Note: Portable meaning form factor of an iPhone or so. Should be able to fit in a pocket. I have my Energy RC-10 bookshelves for bedroom/studio use, and LSi15 towers for the main room.

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 18
I only own one portable speaker and that would be Saitek A-200 - its on the edge on being portable but it does sound good. 1 dedicated woofer, 2 mini tweeters and one main tweet (mid). Unfortunatley its somewhere about $70 nowadays. But imo it's definatley worth it. Else i'd give the fiio a shot!

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 18
Aug 23, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #9 of 18
I actually meant something very portable that you could carry onto the bus or car, something with a form factor that could be fit right on top of my mp3 player (either iPhone 3GS or Samsung P3). Thanks for all the choices, but those aren't flat like an mp3 player form factor, which I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back