"Best" Portable Music Player
Aug 19, 2008 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

pila405

500+ Head-Fier
hi, i want to buy new music player [now have the COWON D2] and would like to have your suggestions.

my requirements are NEUTRAL sound and the posibilty to equalize the sound.
it will be great if it will have big volume [more than 10Giga] and even better if i will be able to see movies on it. this music player will be plugged to Samuel's Predator and UE-10.

i have heared about the iMod - what do you think about this one?

and what do you say about my present D2?
regular_smile .gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 28
I have been waiting for the D3 in hopes that it will surpass the already good D2. Archos just announced their gen 6 line (Archos 5, Archos 7, Archos 5G) and Archos is known to be a good PMP.

However these are way bigger than the D2, but they're good for internet and video playbacks so if you want those features, consider the new gen 6 line if not.. wait for the D3 or the next wave of players (like X'mas time)?

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 28
iMod 5.5G 80GB with a bootloader for both firmwares, Rockbox for EQ and Apple firmware for your movies and videos. That's all I can think of.

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 28
this is not that i am not happy with my D2 - i just wanted to know if there is any better PMP with big diffrnce from the D2 - one which will be much better , if there is one at all... =]

Aug 20, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #6 of 28
I found Sony's A82x series SQ absolutely stunning.

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #7 of 28
have you tried this player? do you find it to have amazing sound qualities? like perfect neutral sound?

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you tried this player? do you find it to have amazing sound qualities? like perfect neutral sound?

Not neutral - processed. Still exceptionally pleasing nonetheless. If you like the D2's SQ then this will not appeal to you. At least not without accessing the hidden service menu and adjusting the DAC settings.

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 28
how can i adjust the dack menu? [in the D2 for getting the most neautral sound]
also how can i do it on the sony?
redface.gif
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can i adjust the dack menu? [in the D2 for getting the most neautral sound]
also how can i do it on the sony?
redface.gif
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif

The D2 just needs to be left at Normal EQ and you cannot do any internal adjustment - he was refering to the Sony where you can change the settings.

If you are investing in UE 10s AND have a good amp, IMO the D2 will give you a great sound (to me it sounds great even unamped). Unless you really want to spend $$$ to get a change, this combo should work well. Might be a bit short on bass but since you said you want a neutral sound, it should work fine for that.

If you want to EQ, the D2 will give you tons of options too.

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #12 of 28
what is it to IMO? how can i do it?

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #14 of 28
From what I have read I don't think you can find much "better" (if at all) than the iMod...

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #15 of 28
than you say that the iMod is better than the D2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back