Best Portable Music player under $300 without an Amp.
Jun 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

phantompersona

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Hifiers, Im looking for a portable Music player that has a very good built in amp. My current rig is a Sansa Clip Zip + Fiio E6 which is fine but i want an upgrade. I want a player i dont need to use with an Amp. The ones i know about that are like that are the Hifiman 802, 601,602, and the S:flo2. Anymore suggestions for a good player for under $300 well be helpful. I plan to use it with my Re262 and my future Iems.... Thanks
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 23
The HM-602, Cowon D2, Sony Z series walkmen, Philips Muse and Cowon X7 are great sounding DAPs with loud voljume.

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 23
sflo2 sounds great but i think you may find the bass lacking if you pair it with your re262. i say go with the Z or 601.

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #8 of 23
Noted. I do kind of wanted an SD card slot. So my Top Choices would be Sony Z player , S:Flo2, and Hifiman HM602... choices ..choices..choices... Seriously though what is Sony Digital S Amplifier??

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #12 of 23
I've been using Studio V for a while now and I'm very satisfied with the sound quality. If you don't mind the quirky UI you should definitely get it.
The battery life is just insane, also top notch build quality.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:
I've been using Studio V for a while now and I'm very satisfied with the sound quality. If you don't mind the quirky UI you should definitely get it.
The battery life is just insane, also top notch build quality.

yup - just dropped mine on a wooden floor from 6 ft, dented the wood, the player is fine.

to the OP - HM-601?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #14 of 23
Is there any reason to get the Studio-V or RoCoo P over the RoCoo BA for my TripleFi 10s?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:
Well S:flo2, Rocoo Ba, and Studio V is mainly what im looking at now. The  Ibasso DX100 looks sweet too but it costs an arm and a leg =x=

i have the dx100, i have no problem with its sound and its ability to drive every headphone/iem in my inventory. the UI is also ok and this is coming from a guy who previously used nothing but ipods. i say my old ipod classic still has a better UI but the dx100 is ok. the build quality however isnt as sturdy as it looks, i never dropped the player but happened to get 2 small dents on the back without even knowing how i got them... however the backplate has been changed now. i had to send my dx100 back to ibasso twice for battery problems, it wouldnt turn on. they replaced the whole pcb for me. about a week ago, i couldnt turn it on for the third time and informed them but then it happened to turn on randomly again and i dont even know how i was able to turn it on this time. im still using it now but if i cant turn it on in the future, im going to send it back and request for a brand new player. im not trying to say anything positive or negative about the player, just telling you my honest and unbiased personal user experience. heres a pic of the dents that were there but now are gone due to change of backplate 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back