Best portable mp3/video player?
Feb 4, 2009 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
I want an emphesis on video, but I want a great player that playes almost ALL video files. I don't want a measly WMV,MPEG,AVI, but something that plays a plethora of stuff.

Being able to stick it in my pocket (mind you, I have big pockets) would be essential also.

Great SQ would only be better. Thanks.

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 9
Get a Netbook?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, most PMP's are very limited in their video codec support. Maybe look at an Archos 5 with its video codec addons.

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Perhaps a Cowon A3 or O2 would be something for you to look into. They have great video codec support, but they have some interface issues that you might want to look into. I know that the O2 has a pretty buggy firmware and that you can't access the internal and external (SD) memories at the same time. The A3 might be the best way to go as far as those two players go.

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Well, if you have big pockets in that case I would absolutely suggest you look into the Archos 5 (as already suggested before)

It plays most video formats and its sound is quite nice (I would say its similar to Zune and not as cold or analytical as the Cowon D2), when using an amp.

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 9
I use my laptop for such things. Hard to beat a 17" screen lol.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 9
I was actually thinking about buying the Acer Netbook the other day.... then I spent 110 on an airsoft sniper so... yea, that isn't going to happen.

But I think I will stay with my Touch/Nano because I already invested in a LOD and whatnot and I don't feel like buying another one.

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 9
Well.. the netbook isn't much more than the PMP. So it really just comes down to if the netbook is to big. I'd go with a Cowon O2 or A3, I own both of those and the A3 is bigger, but works better. But I hear Cowon is in the process of making a firmware for the O2 that is actually worth looking at.

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 9
Indeed, once you get a netbook, there's no need for a video PMP anymore. They're annoying to use and you often have to redo the whole video file to make them play a lot of things.

Netbooks are also more useful than any PMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back