Best portable Mp3 reader for AKG K271MK2
May 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Miracle1980

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
I have from 3 days this new headphones AKG K271MK2 and i'm really satisfied. I was like dreaming while i was listening the headphones with my piooner amplifier at Home and i never heard music in such a quality.

The problem is when i use the headphones with my ipod 4g because the volume is really too low. I tried also with a sansa clip and with a sony serie S walkman but nothing. Till now the best mp3 reader is the OLD long and white ipod shuffle. The volume with the shuffle is more acceptable.

I'm looking for the best mp3 reader (quality and power to have a loud volume) to use outside with my new headphones.
I would like to have that "kind" of sensation that when i'm increasing the volume I have to STOP myself because i'm satisfied...
Any advises?

Someone was suggesting me the SONY serie A walkman...and others were just suggesting a normal CD player portable because its eveb louder then the normal mp3 reader...

May 22, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 7
I also have a K271 and i love it too, when i was using it with my Touch Zen i had to use and amp to get the fullest rich sound ( a Fiio3 ) but when i use it with my new Iaudio7 this new mp3 seems to have a little more power so i just use it straight no amp and sounds great, i tried an Ipod touch 1st G and also requires the Fiio3 to get a richer sound.

So if you get other mp3 you may need to invest on an amp, the Fiio3 is super cheap and sounds really desend to good.

May 23, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 7
They work great with the Cowon D2/D2+ as well. No amping needed, and Mach3Bass gives some nice punch to the bass.

May 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Thank you. I'm almost decise for Iaudio 7 player. Do you think that with the new SONY NWZ-X1050 could my headphones sound louder?

But i noticed that the new sony has power output of 5+5....

May 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 7
I think you'd be better off with a portable amp like and Airhead or since it looks like you have some money to burn, a highish end amp like RSA or ibasso amps.

I get more than enough volume from my A series walkman. How loud are you listening?

May 25, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Truly i don't want to use an external amp with my portable mp3 reader.
Because of this i was looking for iaudio7 or the new sony serie x.
Some of users (also from others forums..) said that with the iaudio7 i don't need an amp with Akg k271 mk2. So i think i'll order it.

Maybe the sony serie x is still not enough power (just 5 + 5).

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back