best portable headphones?
Jun 15, 2008 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

quiksliver

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys im looking for portable cans, i used to use IEMS but they keep breaking and my px100s have been going strong for about 2 years so i wanna just stick with something like px100s, perferebly something closed, and something 100-150 dollars and something that is comfortable

also, can anyone in the UK recommend any good headphone shops? i am visiting London, will be going to Piccadilly square and the surrounding area and any recommendations of headphones that i can buy in person there would be great

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 11
what about audio-technica ATH-ES7?

it may have the comfort issue, but you can search for the mod to solve it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 11
yeah i was looking at those too, they look damn nice
biggrin.gif

anyone know where i can get them in london tho? or how much they'll be?

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 11
Bose on ear, iGrado ect....

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 11
well since you've had senns before, the porta pro comes close to sound quality, with more bass though. still depends on your taste, mate.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #10 of 11
why don't you buy from the reliable vendor such as audiocubes and bluetin?

Although it's a bit more expensive, you won't get the fake one for sure.

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #11 of 11
This is going to be a little obscure.

Sennheiser HD-25, British Airways edition. Yes, they are high impedance, but they sound great directly out of my x5l.

I have this, and the HD-25-1 II, and I give it the edge in sound quality, and in portability since it has a simpler headband and less moving parts.

Plus you can get them for about half the price of the HD-25 IIs.

I prefer these to my ER-4ps now, not because they sound better, but because I'm starting to experience pain when inserting the Etys, so they're pretty much over with for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back