Best portable circum-aural headphone?
May 19, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #17 of 20
Out of curiosity, has anyone actually tried using the Beyer pads on the HFI-650/700 to improve comfort? Of course, I'll eventually just have to try it for myself...

Bangraman: speaking strictly from a SQ standpoint... do you prefer the HD25 or the HFI-700?

May 19, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 20
I have tried Beyer pads on HFI650.

Two problems:

The original pads on the HFI650 also have an attached acoustic cloth that cover the driver area. Beyer pads lack this cloth, you have to cut it from another piece of cloth and somehow attach it to your HFI650 cans.

Beyer pads (both fake leather/velour) are too big. They will easily slip onto HFI650, but they can also slip off by themselves, when you wear the cans or take the cans off.

As such, it requires a little bit of more modding.

regards,
halcyon

May 19, 2004 at 5:38 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
As such, it requires a little bit of more modding.

Dammit. Any suggestions on how to make the pads stay put? (that would be later reverseable)

May 20, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The Eggo choice would depend on how much inwards leakage would be permitted. Although they don't leak out, they don't isolate.

They do compared to stock headphones and streetstyles. I would recommend them to you also, they are extremely efficient so you will have no problem blowing out your eardrums. For the other 'phones (DT250), you'd probably have to get an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back