best portable cd player available now?
Mar 29, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 21
Yeah, sony CD Players are usually really good, I had one that lasted for about 2 years, I tore that thing up and it still had just until that one last drop. That was a very sturdy CDP. I still see a whole bunch in my local Wal-Mart.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you live in the usa, this is cheaper and better than what you can find new now Panasonic SL-CT470 Portable CD Player (Blue) - SLCT470B - In Turntables & CD Players BPAV.com - Best Price Audio Video's Secure Site

I would also recommend this player highly, especially at that price. It probably sounds almost the same as my SL-CT570 which was one of the last portable cd-players that are worth buying. Recent PCDPs are usually pretty bad (construction, reliability, sound quality).

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 21
Now that you speak about Panasonic portables... since the time of the walkman cassette players, IMHO Panasonic made the best sounding ones and later when portable CDs came available, they also were top for SQ. I wonder why they don't have a solid line of mp3 players. Do you know anything about Panasonic making now or in the future DAPs?

Rgrds.

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 21
I know I love my old school Panasonic SL-S150 (only one other head-fi'er I know has one). Got it on ebay for $20. Works like a charm and the audio out sounds better than most of the recent crap.

My advice: Go vintage.

Nylan

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 21
Thanks for your help.
I ordered a Panasonic, (SLCT470B), as recommended by Harry & Lumient, for $2o at BPAV. I'm sure it will be a good machine, especially for the money.

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that you speak about Panasonic portables... since the time of the walkman cassette players, IMHO Panasonic made the best sounding ones and later when portable CDs came available, they also were top for SQ. I wonder why they don't have a solid line of mp3 players. Do you know anything about Panasonic making now or in the future DAPs?

Rgrds.

They do. Check out their D-Snap line. I can't seem to find any online reviews, otherwise I'd look into getting one.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 21
Yep, I had checked them, but they have very short memory (1Gb). I read somewhere that some model could use up to 16Gb SD cards, but haven't been able to find more info, nor reviews. They don't seem to be availabe anywhere out of Japan :frowning2: Spanish Panasonic website not even lists them.

Rgrds

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #12 of 21
Does the Panasonic PCDP have a line out?

James

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you live in the usa, this is cheaper and better than what you can find new now Panasonic SL-CT470 Portable CD Player (Blue) - SLCT470B - In Turntables & CD Players BPAV.com - Best Price Audio Video's Secure Site

I currently have three other Panasonic PCDP, but for $20 I'm kinda tempted to pick this up.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zobel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your help.
I ordered a Panasonic, (SLCT470B), as recommended by Harry & Lumient, for $2o at BPAV. I'm sure it will be a good machine, especially for the money.

Cool, tell us your impressions when you receive it. I'd order one myself for this price but they don't ship to Canada
frown.gif

I doubt the sound quality is as good as my old Sony's but this one is actually portable with its 40 sec anti-shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back