Best portable cd/mp3 players?
Jul 25, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't know about the previous one, but I decided to look around at the other pcdps there and I thought this one might interest some. It caught my eye because it is square instead of round, but what is interesting is the specs list says it does not have antiskip.

Diana

Jul 25, 2004 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewaka
I don't know about the previous one, but I decided to look around at the other pcdps there and I thought this one might interest some. It caught my eye because it is square instead of round, but what is interesting is the specs list says it does not have antiskip.

I've just looked at the PDF manual for that model, and I've found that the SL-J905 does have antiskip. (Like other recent Panasonics, the antiskip cannot be turned off at all whatsoever.) It is selectable between 10 seconds noncompressed and 45 seconds compressed for Redbook, and up to 100 seconds for MP3. However, the packaging for the SL-J905 doesn't brag about the "no-skip" antiskip like the packaging for the other Panasonics do.

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Panasonic (USA) isn't very good at being certain the specs are correct, are they? the 905 does have antiskip but listed as not. The 810 doesn't have optical out but is listed as having one. *sigh* How are we to make informed decisions if even the manufacturers don't get it right? Especially as links to the manuals are not on the pages with the models. Frustrating.

Diana

Edit--added "(USA)" to make it more clear per Eagle_Driver's correction

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewaka
Panasonic (USA) isn't very good at being certain the specs are correct, are they? the 905 does have antiskip but listed as not. The 810 doesn't have optical out but is listed as having one. *sigh* How are we to make informed decisions if even the manufacturers don't get it right? Especially as links to the manuals are not on the pages with the models. Frustrating.

I've added something in your quote to clarify.

Also, note that only Asian- and European-market models of the SL-CT810 have an optical out.

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 8
OT: I haven't been here in awhile, now the design of this site KICKSASS!
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 8
this might be the best cd/mp3 player, but i didnt buy it because none of their pcdp has....................fastforward support for mp3. wth is that about?

personally i'd like one there higher end pcdp that is square shaped.

Jul 25, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #8 of 8
The square model was created so that it could fit inside a dock with speakers basically.

IMHO, the square shape is totally uncool looking. that's just me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back