Best portable case for pcdp and mini amp?
Feb 5, 2003 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

samwY

New Head-Fier
Going to get my v5 this week
Need a carrying case thingamajig for my CT800 and Amp, as well as a few cd holding slots...

any recommendations?

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by samwY
$50

HAHAHAHA

The Airbag is comparatively expensive, but it's also the Armani of PCDP cases. It's the only one I'm aware of that is actually designed to hold an amp.

The amp pocket is great for an Airhead or Serpac encased META42 but a trifle large for the SuperMini.

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by samwY
$50

HAHAHAHA

Just you wait. Pretty soon, $50 for any headphone related purchase will seem like nothing.

Apr 13, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 9
You know... this may sound cheesy, but you could always design what you want, buy your material, and have it made professionally (assuming you are around a shop that taylor's their own bags).

I had a case for my camera made when I was in Japan with velvet insiding, and the outside made out of leather. I wanted it small and just snug for my camera, and a case of extra batteries. I've kinda always gone that route ever since (especially if I can't find something that I want). Just an idea.

Apr 13, 2003 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 9
I don't think you would get anything better than that for a headphone amp + cd player. Not many places make cases built specifically to hold headphone amps.

Then again if you really just wanted to get a case, go to your local Circuit City/Best Buy/etc. and look around what they have. I'm sure you can find something.

Apr 15, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #9 of 9
If you want something cheaper, give Case Logic's sale selection a look. I picked up a DM2 back a while back for $10 plus shipping. Case Logic no longer list it on the site but you may find it through some vendors. Headroom still list it on their site. I stuff a Sony D25s, a Radio Shack "power bank", Sony SRF-59 radio, a (unfinished!) headamp in a PacTec case, a 12 pack of CD's in a Case Logic hard sided case as well as all the cables and a 6" power extension so I can plug my batter pack in to charge when I'm at work. It's snug, but it all fits in and is usable.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back